PDA

View Full Version : Reporting sites with malware, Where?

Uptimewiz
2008-08-20, 08:48
Just wanted to ask is there specific thread to report websites that may have viruses installed.

Uptimewiz
2008-08-20, 09:07
Hello everyone,
First post here and first of all wanted to say that My hat is off to all developers of the project.

My question is about hosts file updated by S&D, which has a list of domains rerouted to localhost (not loading)
With regular updates that list is and is constantly growing.

Are there periodic checks done by S&D if the domains in that list still poses threats after some time?

The point is that domains expire, or sold and new domain owners may not know that millions of web users will never see the new owner's site...

P.S. I am "domaining" and this is something that came to mind...

Uptimewiz
2008-08-20, 09:09
if I may, my other question is,

Where to report the domain name that is likely to be loading malware?

I have one right now (made firefox to close)

blues
2008-08-20, 09:22
you can report it here so it maybe will be blocked by hphosts, that will stop other people that uses hphosts from being infected by the site you are talking about: http://forum.hosts-file.net/ but that has nothing to do with spybot.

i wish there was possible to submit malicious sites somewhere on this forums that maybe can be placed in the spybot immunize.

drragostea
2008-08-20, 21:29
This forum does not currently "offer" a subforum for members to submit "malicious sites".

However, there is a subforum if members wish to post in suggestions for future Spybot detection updates. You can find it in the "New or Undetected" subforum. Read the stickies.