PDA

View Full Version : How do I disable foreign languages?

ZoneIII
2008-08-21, 04:28
Somehow, Esperanto now shows up in my Languages. The help file says that there should be a button on the language page to turn on foreign languages which seems to imply that I could also turn them off there. But I can't find any options on the page at all except to choose between English nad Esperanto. When I click on Esperanto everything is shown in that language so I have to assume that I'm wasting space on my PC since I only want English. How can get rid of Esperanto in my language options?

drragostea
2008-08-21, 04:39
Hello Zone. So are you referring to the tab "Languages" (next to File and Help)?

Or are you running in Advanced Mode?

ZoneIII
2008-08-21, 07:05
No.. at least I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I am talking about the languages that show up when I go to Settings/Languages. My mode is set to "Advanced." Those tabs don't show up if Mode is set to "default."

The help file says the following about language settings:

"You can find the language settings by choosing Languages from the Settings section in the toolbar to the left."

But I don't see any way to remove Esperanto. I was going to attach a screenshot of the Settings/Languages page but it would be so small because of the maximum filesize requiremnts that it wouldn't be readable. Anyway, it lists English and Esperanto on that page but I can't delete Esperanto. I have no idea how it got there unless it defaulted when I loaded up the current version of S&D.

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-21, 07:29
ZoneIII:

To get rid of Esperanto:
Exit Spybot.
Delete the Esperanto.sbl file from the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Languages
Start Spybot and see if it is gone.

drragostea
2008-08-21, 16:07
In addition to that (post above) you can see if right-clicking the Esperanto file and click 'Delete/Remove' will remove the file from the tab.

ZoneIII
2008-08-21, 22:24
Thanks much, guys! I appreciate the help.

MD-USA: Removing that file did the trick! I should have thought of that. So simple!

Drrag: Unfortunately, you don't have the option to right-click and delete the language file from Settings/Languages. But it made sense to me that you should be able to do it too and that's the first thing I tried.