PDA

View Full Version : access violation

KLAD133
2008-08-21, 17:15
hi
just joined the forums. i have just had a pop-up warning saying i have had an access violation, i stupidly closed it without studying it or taking a screenshot. now i am a bit concerned because i buy bits of software from DAZ Studio and Renderosity via PayPal quite regularly. i was on the Emule P2P network at the time, and this also warns if an unauthorised attempt is made to access your computer through their network,there was no warning in the log at that time.
the pop-up was not the usual box warning for reg change. it was definately a warning from teatimer. any advice would be very welcome
best regards (in hope)
KLAD133

spybotsandra
2008-08-21, 17:16
Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you run?
Which windows system do you have?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

KLAD133
2008-08-21, 17:31
hi there
i have the latest free version of spybot and i have XP Pro with sp3

KLAD133
2008-08-21, 19:34
hi
i posted a new thread approx 2 hours ago about a warning pop-up that had appeared "access violation". it has appeared again and this time i took note.

"Access violation at 00401C49 in module "TeaTimer.exe" write of address 00000"

i googled the number above and came up with pages(mainly Chinese) that seemed to have hacking as the theme ie "crackme"
i do not know anything about programming but it seems that that attempts are being made to bypass the functions performed by TeaTimer, and possibly succeeded in my case.
would really appreciate any advice. hope i have posted in right forum.
best regards
KLAD133

tashi
2008-08-21, 19:38
Hello,

hi there
i have the latest free version of spybot and i have XP Pro with sp3

Please open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About and tell us the version number and date of latest definitions.

Best regards.

KLAD133
2008-08-21, 23:48
hi tashi
i have version no. 1.6.0.31,last updated 20/8/08
best regards
KLAD133

tashi
2008-08-22, 00:53
Hi there,

For someone to take a look at the system, please follow the procedure in this link:
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where a helper will advise you when available.

Cheers. :)