PDA

View Full Version : Log

firebrddriver
2008-08-22, 18:35
I just started using the tea timer function again and when I right click on the task bar icon and then click on the "show log" nothing happens. Is there anything I can do. Thanks,,hope this explains it OK.

drragostea
2008-08-22, 18:36
You mean nothing pops up? Not even Notepad?

What version is Spybot-SD? How about TeaTimer?

firebrddriver
2008-08-22, 18:42
Using 1.6.0 version,,only the 'SHOW LOG' doesn't seem to work,,no notepad at all,,,using the tea timer built into the version of SpyBot I have. BTW windows XP,,should the log show even if theres nothing on it??? I just activated the tea timer function this morning.

firebrddriver
2008-08-22, 19:47
btw I also use CCleaner,,would that have anything to do with this problem?

drragostea
2008-08-22, 20:07
Yes, I have confirmed it. Because Spybot-SD is checked under 'Utilities' under CCleaner, it will clear the TeaTimer logs too.

firebrddriver
2008-08-23, 01:10
I'm not on the computer that I'm talkng about right now,,but I can't even get the log to open,,I will uncheck spybot on CCleaner to at least see if a log will open,,do you think this will fix the probem?

drragostea
2008-08-23, 01:59
Yes, I have confirmed it. Because Spybot-SD is checked under 'Utilities' under CCleaner, it will clear the TeaTimer logs too.

Did you read my previous post?

firebrddriver
2008-08-23, 02:30
Yes I read your previous post,,what I'm asking is,,if I right click on the tray icon and then click on "show log",,,will the log at least open,,even if theres nothing written to the log?

drragostea
2008-08-23, 02:59
No because there is nothing in the log. However, the least you can do is untick Spybot in CCleaner. See if you can get the logs.

Try a reboot too.

firebrddriver
2008-08-23, 03:26
Thanks,,I'll try it tommorrow when I have access to that computer and will report back.

firebrddriver
2008-08-23, 14:53
Unclicked spybot in CCleaner,,still no log,,I uninstalled and then reinstalled spybot and now its working. Problem apparently solved,,thanks for you help.

drragostea
2008-08-23, 18:33
Hm. I noticed something. Even with a reboot, the log does not appear. Now that's the problem. I really think that you'll need to trigger a response (a change) from TeaTimer to induce the log, as unticking and reticking TeaTimer in Advanced Mode does not seem to help.

I would suggest you don't tick Spybot in CCleaner in the future :laugh: (same goes for me).

Safe surfing.