PDA

View Full Version : Spybot/TeaTimer Memory

terryvanduzee
2008-08-26, 00:19
Hello
I just finished installing SB with teatimer.
I am having the same issue I had before reinstalling windows (XP SP2 - 512 Ram). In my task manager, it shows 32mb of ram being used for teatimer.

I checked the settings for resident and there are no entries in it at all.

Any suggestions?

Terry

drragostea
2008-08-26, 00:24
Is there a problem with the TeaTimer memory usage? At this rate it is normal for TeaTimer's memory usage.

If you wish to understand more on why this is happening...
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=221444&postcount=74
--
Have you tested out the latest version (beta) of TeaTimer (1.6.2.23)? It might cut down the memory usage.

Greyfox
2008-08-26, 09:42
Hello
I just finished installing SB with teatimer.
I am having the same issue I had before reinstalling windows (XP SP2 - 512 Ram). In my task manager, it shows 32mb of ram being used for teatimer.

I checked the settings for resident and there are no entries in it at all.

Any suggestions?

Terry

Terry,
The memory usage of Teatimer 1.6.2.23 in its default mode is about 44MB, and with the registry tweak for fast mode - use more memory is about 176MB. With only 512MB of RAM I would recommend staying with the default mode. Teatimers use of 44MB of memory should not be a problem for your system.

I don't understand the 2nd part of your post. Open Spybot, if it is not in Advanced mode, click on Mode at the top of the screen, then select Advanced mode, then click Yes. Now in the left hand column click on Tools, then Resident. On the right hand side of the screen there should be a bar at the top with the word Resident in large font and below it a red and white striped shield. Below that should be two tick boxes, the top one titled "Resident "SD Helper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active, and the one below it Resident "Teatimer" (Protection of overall system settings) active. Whether these are ticked or not the first time round depends on choices made during installation.

If this is the screen you are talking about, and there are no ticks I assume you chose not to activate either item during installation, but then there should be no entry for Teatimer in your Task manager. Try ticking Teatimer, exit Spybot, then restart, go back to Resident and untick it. The Teatimer icon should disappear from the task bar, and from Task manager.

If this doesn't fix the problem and you installed the new version over the top of a previous version, then I suggest you do a full uninstall, a clean up and then do a clean install of the current version of Spybot.