PDA

View Full Version : Does not fix any problems!!

saranchu
2008-08-26, 00:25
First of all I looked through many threads to see if there was a similar thread. After page 35 I decided to post. I am new to forums so I might be doing this wrong. I had spybot on my old pc and it was great. I installed it on my laptop and the first scan came back with 0 problems. I always have the teatimer on so I don't scan to often. The last few days my system has been really slow and crashing so I scanned it with spybot. It came up with 71 (yes71) problems. I chose to fix selected problems and it said 71 problems fixed. I rebooted and scanned again, same 71 problems. Chose fix selected problems, again it said it fixed them. I did this 4 times. I uninstalled and the re installed same thing. Why won't it fix any of the problems? Why did I have 0 problems before spybot and the teatimer and now I have 71? Isn't the teatimer supposed to stop them?
I would include the report as I have seen others do but it is way way to long

spybotsandra
2008-08-27, 17:37
Hello,

Which problems are found?
What are they named?
Tracking cookies perhaps?

Which version of Spybot do you run?
Do you have installed the latest updates?

To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
It should be version 1.6 and the updates from the 2008/08/27.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

saranchu
2008-08-29, 01:54
I am using the current version with the updates. It seems like the longer spybot is on my system the more problems I get. Now my system keeps freezing. In your reply you said don't use pm the forums are there for a reason. I don't know what pm is and I looked through the forums before i posted anything. If i run spybot the same errors are still coming up.

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-29, 12:23
saranchu:

Please try another Spybot scan and see if it completes. If it completes, please post the log of the actual detections you are getting. To do that:
Run another scan.
When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results to a new post in this thread.
Thanks