PDA

View Full Version : Help! "wmsetup.dll" MALWARE

new_man
2008-08-26, 07:10
I found this strange dll file inside the %temp% directory. result of Google told me that file is malware. So I know that file is dangerous. But I can't remove it. Here is what happened when that malware in actions :
10 mins after computer boot up, there's nothing happen. Everything seem to be normal. But after 10 mins, my network activity is dramatically increased. In fact, I did'nt do anything, even I'm not browsing. Then I trace that,and found my %temp% dir is filled with file '01.gif', '03.gif', and 'xx.gif' (note that 'xx' value is random number). I see on my task manager that there are more than one 'rundll32.exe' proccess are running (two or three and sometimes four process run at the same time). Then I trace that and found these another dll files : c:\windows\apppatch\desktopwin.dll, c:\windows\update.dll, and c:\windows\sysocmgr.dll. I don't know if there are another malicious dll files. Even after that, there are another strange process are running, they are c:\windows\system32\explore.exe, and c:\windows\system32\lenschk.exe. Oh yeah, i forgot, there is iexplorer.exe process, but I didn't open any web browser. And time after time, the computer is getting slow and slower. And finally, it crash, freezing, there's nothing else I can do.
Help guys. I have internet cafe with 5 of 10 my computer is like that. Please, I need your expert help how to remove that things because I don't want to reinstall all of 5 computer OS in one time.
Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks

Yodama
2008-08-26, 13:38
Hello,

do you use Spybot S&D in a corporate environment? We have to inform you, that for the commercial use of Spybot S&D
only the Corporate Edition and Small Business Edition are available.
For more informations please see: http://safer-networking.ie
In case you are using Spybot S&D in a corporate environment and do not have a license yet, you can try these versions with a free demo license first.

To deal with the issue you describe we will require a full Spybot S&D report, to get one you need to do a scan with Spybot S&D then right click the scan result and choose to save a full report.
Email this report to detections@spybot.info with a reference to this thread.
You may need to create a log file for each of the infected computers, since the infection may differ.