PDA

View Full Version : Creating a .reg file or something to autoconfigure Spybot?

GameGuy369
2008-08-27, 06:36
Hey guys. I work for a company that is going to be doing some free volunteer work for a non-profit company in a couple weeks. One of the many things we are going to do is put on some antivirus and antispyware protection on every computer, and we are expecting a few hundred to come through.

Now, 99% of the them are supposed to be XP, with a couple Vista ones floating in I'm sure.

What we want to do is, since we as a company arent exactly a financial juggernaut at the moment, is speed up the process as much as possible as we are going to set up Spybot, Spywareblaster, Avira AntiVir, and CCleaner on every computer.

Is there a .reg file out there I can download and modify or something to have Spybot act in the following manner:

Updates every morning at 1:40 am.
Autoimmunizes at 1:50 am.
Scans every morning at 2:00 am.

I know it isnt an end of the world thing in terms of saving time, but if we can shave off a few minutes per computer than that would be a major help.

Heck, is there a way to customize the installer to install using certain options every time (for example we will be leaving TeaTimer off but leaving on SDHelper - the people we will be working with will be superconfused by those pop up dialog boxes).

Anyway, thanks ahead of time for any advice anyone has to offer. Thanks!

tashi
2008-08-27, 06:56
Hello GameGuy369 and welcome to Safer-Networking.

Hey guys. I work for a company that is going to be doing some free volunteer work for a non-profit company in a couple weeks. One of the many things we are going to do is put on some antivirus and antispyware protection on every computer, and we are expecting a few hundred to come through.

Volunteering is wonderful, :angel:however a few hundred installs at one company? Did you know that Spybot - Search & Destroy is only free for private/personal use. :)

Corporate users need to purchase a license, while Universities and Schools receive a 50 % discount.

http://www.safer-networking.ie/en/index.html

Please let us know if you need more information.
Best regards.

GameGuy369
2008-08-27, 07:05
Well, I cant go too far into detail on who its with due to privacy issues, but its not the organization itself we are doing it for. It's mainly for those who are underpriveleged in the inner-cities and whatnot and can not afford to have their computers cleaned up/protected.

We are going to be cleaning up every single computer (likely reloading many) and protecting them and putting on any free software we are legally able to do.

This is primarily a push to help kids in the families be able to do school work on their computers safely.

Anyway, I dont know if this still qualifies as being for corporate use or not, if it doesnt, awesome, if it does, I guess we'll be stuck looking elsewhere (not that anything really matches with Spybot, haha).

GameGuy369
2008-09-11, 06:35
Hey guys. Quick question, I work for a company that is about to exponentially expand, and it is somewhat similar to the likes of Geek Squad, but not quite. Anyway, we want to ensure everything we are doing is 100% legal.

We currently recommend to our customers after a virus cleanup that they use Spybot, Avira AntiVir, Spywareblaster, and CCleaner. We give them a little document explaining the use of each and how their free and yaddah yaddah yaddah.

Anyway, as you may expect, half our customers wouldnt half the slightest clue, even given instructions, how to properly update, scan, and most of all schedule Spybot for different tasks.

So I guess the question is, are we allowed to install/configure this for them? We obviously will not be charging for it (again, their notified it is free), and we will not be putting this on business computers (the free version that is...)

Thanks ahead of time for any responses. I'll be checking regularly for any questions.

GameGuy369
2008-09-12, 22:16
Just curious if anyone knows...

tashi
2008-09-13, 00:49
Hello GameGuy369,

I am sorry your first topic slipped down the page, as you posted again I have merged the two threads.

Hey guys. Quick question, I work for a company that is about to exponentially expand, and it is somewhat similar to the likes of Geek Squad, but not quite. Anyway, we want to ensure everything we are doing is 100% legal.

I have made a note of this for the team, although I would not expect an answer until after the weekend.

It would probably be best if you directed your latest question directly to our office as they may request further details.

Forms here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/contact/index.html

A link back to this topic would be appreciated.

Best regards. :)

GameGuy369
2008-09-13, 15:25
Yeah I made the second thread since the original is an entirely different setup. But we decided just to mention Spybot to them (as home end users) rather than install it and set it up for them because we just didnt want to deal with the legal part of it. I'll send them a e-mail, but if you get a response or they want to respond here too thatll be fine as well.

spybotsandra
2008-09-22, 10:25
Hello,

We do not recommend to use our software this way.
You will need a Service License that enables you to use our software from a removable memory device without installation on clients machines. You will then either pay for the number of machines you clean with Spybot, or agree to inform each on the donation based nature of the software.
Please consider to become a reseller and install regular Small Business or Corporate Edition licenses for corporate customers.

Some more information is available on: www.safer-networking.ie (http://www.safer-networking.ie)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot