PDA

View Full Version : SpyBot and Vista

tiger2
2008-08-27, 22:18
If you have SpyBot 1.6 on Vista, what are you seeing in the Vista Security Center?
Under the malware (other programs) I believe I saw that S&D has "snoozing" next to it (I can't be sure at the moment, because I am not using the Vista).

Has anyone else seen the same thing? If you have, is that (snoozing) okay?

Alice

Zenobia
2008-08-28, 01:16
Do you have Teatimer enabled?

tiger2
2008-08-28, 01:21
Do you have Teatimer enabled?

Hi-
No, I don't.

drragostea
2008-08-28, 01:22
I think this may explain why:

Vista's Security Center tells the user that "Spybot-SD" is snoozing because TeaTimer is not enabled...

Alice, can you enable TeaTimer and see if this resolves the situation?

Thank you Zenobia :santa:.

Zenobia
2008-08-28, 01:30
You're welcome. :)

From an older thread dealing with an old version and other stuff,but it should explain it:

TeaTimer is not just for the registry monitor, but also for monitoring running applications etc.. The way the Windows Security Center stuff is declared, "snooze" is the proper state for TeaTimer not running, since Spybot-s&D is not "complete".
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=22299&highlight=snoozing

No need to enable Teatimer,though,unless tiger2 chooses to.

tiger2
2008-08-28, 01:31
I think this may explain why:

Vista's Security Center tells the user that "Spybot-SD" is snoozing because TeaTimer is not enabled...

Alice, can you enable TeaTimer and see if this resolves the situation?

Thank you Zenobia :santa:.

Thanks all.
I will try next time I am near Vista.
By the way, if I leave TeaTimer off (don't want the pop-ups) and Security Center has "snoozing," can I presume that S&D is still working (effective)?

Zenobia
2008-08-28, 01:39
It is effective as a spyware scanner,though you don't have the protection from Teatimer.

You do have protection from immunization if you immunized,and sdhelper if you've enabled that.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=281