PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Problems

solracg1981
2008-08-28, 05:18
I opened up Google and my computer freaked out and something popped up and said I had a Trojan Horse and to "click here" to download something to get rid of it. I already have AVG free edition so I did a virus scan through that instead of opening up the one that popped up. Sure my computer froze twice while I was doing the scan, so I shut it down and started the scan twice. It found showed a trojan horse in three different places. I tried removing them from the virus vault but my computer is still acting weird (not letting me close windows, taking a long time to boot up, etc.) Please help

drragostea
2008-08-28, 05:25
I tried removing them from the virus vault but my computer is still acting weird...

So were you able to remove them and put the trojans in Quarantine (Virus Vault)?

Can you run a scan in 'Safe Mode' with both AVG and Spybot-SD (latest definitions; and disconnected from the Internet) and see if they still detect anything?

If it is persistent and AVG is still unable to remove it, then your best choice would be to visit the Malware Forums.

Please post back with your response, along with the report of the scans (not a log but a general idea... like was AVG and Spybot able to detect anything)?

solracg1981
2008-08-28, 05:27
after doing a Spybot scan, it came up with 5 trojans in two locations. One of them in a file that I am unable to delete. How can I get rid of that file?

drragostea
2008-08-28, 05:33
So were you able to remove them and put the trojans in Quarantine (Virus Vault)?

Can you run a scan in 'Safe Mode' with both AVG and Spybot-SD (latest definitions; and disconnected from the Internet) and see if they still detect anything?

If it is persistent and AVG is still unable to remove it, then your best choice would be to visit the Malware Forums.

Please post back with your response, along with the report of the scans (not a log but a general idea... like was AVG and Spybot able to detect anything)?

Thanks for the feedback. So, Spybot removed four out of the five trojans? Do you recall what they were? If not you can check the 'Recovery' tab.

Follow the instructions above (and if the AVG and Spybot were not able to remove the trojans in Safe Mode then you should start a thread in the Malware Forums.

tashi
2008-08-28, 06:47
solracg1981,

If Spybot-S&D does not remove an item and one can find the files, we suggest people zip or rar them and send to: detections(AT)spybot.info (Replace AT with @)

If you do not resolve the problem you can receive guided assistance to remove an infection, follow the procedure in this link:
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where a helper would advise when available.

Regards.

solracg1981
2008-08-28, 07:20
Ok, so I just finished the spybot scan. I was able to remove the files that were labeled trojan but there were a couple that it was not able to remove. I am going to try to do and avg scan again and see if that will work. When I delete the quarantined items, does that remove the virus for good?

drragostea
2008-08-28, 21:45

solracg1981,

If Spybot-S&D does not remove an item and one can find the files, we suggest people zip or rar them and send to: detections(AT)spybot.info (Replace AT with @)

If you do not resolve the problem you can receive guided assistance to remove an infection, follow the procedure in this link:
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where a helper would advise when available.

Regards.

Let's hope it does remove it for good, and it does not reproduce (copy) itself.

I would suggest you visit the Malware Forums and start a thread there since this might get messy.

And about the quarantine files, if you should remove them you will not be able to restore them.