PDA

View Full Version : S-S&D Starts Minimized now

frobozz
2006-03-29, 14:06
I have two lnk's that I use. One for regular, updating & scanning and the other is autorun on a schedule to sypbot-only fix/remove.

"D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /advancedmode
D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SpybotSD.exe /minimized /autocheck /onlyspyware /autoclose

Suddenly, in the last week sometime, the autorun LNK began to "not start". Howedver, the minimized was showing in lower-left of screen but the detection had not started. Furthermore, if I clicked the right-side of it to "Restore" the window so I could see it, nothing happened. If I right-click the left side then the scanning process started as it used to do.

AND, if I try to run the regular LNK, the /advancedmode, THAT instance will start minimized to lower left of screen NOT Task-bar ,,, and I have to right-click the left side of it to bring it up to screen size.

version 1.4 detections 3/24 windows ME P-III 1 gig 324mb ram
--
Frobozzhttp://forums.spybot.info/images/smilies/Iconfused.gif
:scratch:

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-29, 15:31
I don’t have the foggiest idea what is happening. The only thing that I can suggest is to reset the Spybot window attributes back to their default values and see what happens.

The Spybot window attributes are stored in the systems registry. Since I can not attach a .reg file in this forum, I have attached .zip file that contains a .reg file to reset the Spybot window attributes to their default values. The content of the .reg file is as follows:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PepiMK Software\SpybotSnD\Window]
"Left"=dword:000000c0
"Top"=dword:000000a4
"Width"=dword:00000280
"Height"=dword:000001b8
"WindowState"=dword:00000000
Instructions:
Exit Spybot-S&D.
Download the attached Spybot_Window default.zip file.
Unzip (extract) the Spybot_Window default.zip. This will produce a Spybot_Window default.reg file
Double click on Spybot_Window default.reg file.
Answer "Yes" then "OK" to the messages received.
Start Spybot-S&D.
I hope this helps.

frobozz
2006-04-01, 14:17
yes, this worked. Mind you, I copied the reg text and pasted into a spybot.reg file as the unzipped data was apparently not compatable with *this* reg anyway ... none the less, resetting that portion DID cure the problem and Spybot comes up fine now. Thanks a lot !