PDA

View Full Version : Partial immunization -- issue?

Louisaz
2008-08-29, 20:45
I am including a jpg image of my SS&D (partial) immunization. For whatever reasson, the program cannot immunize many parts of my Windows IE.

Here is what I am getting:

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk378/Louisaz/miscellaneous/SPYBOT8-29-08.jpg

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk378/Louisaz/miscellaneous/SPYBOT8-29-08.jpg

PLEASE ADVISE ON WHETHER OR NOT THIS IS A ISSUE? More specifically...

Is my PC vulnerable?

Can settings be changes so provide COMPLETE immunization?

Thanks,

Louis

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-29, 22:04
Louisaz:

What Windows OS are you running?

What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot » Help » About)?

What other anti-malware products are you running (anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall,etc.).

Louisaz
2008-08-29, 23:11
Louisaz:

What Windows OS are you running?

What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot » Help » About)?

What other anti-malware products are you running (anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall,etc.).

I'm running XP (SP3), latest version of SS&D with updates [downloaded from site -- program could not connect to updater]. My active protection is AVAST, WinPatrol and the default settings in the IP software (Yahoo). I frequently scan my PC with several different programs and it is virus and malware free. The CPU is a Pentium 4 with 3 gigs of SDRAM and (for a 1-lunger) it is very quick [2.8ghz CPU].

My IP is ATT/Yahoo [high-speed DSL]. They have security settings and features that COULD have some barriers to immunization [my guess]. However, I have NO problems updating and running other programs -- ONLY with SS&D. Hmmmmmmmmm.....

I've noted my problems with the updater in other posts. This one is related to the partial immunization.

Any thoughts?

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-30, 16:10
Louisaz (Louis):

I don't recognize any of the software that you say you are running as inhibiting immunization. Also the count on Internet Explorer (32 bit) - \SOFTWARE (Plugins) looks low even though is says it is fully immunized.

The only thing that I can suggest is to try to undo the immunization, attempt to immunize again and see of the counts remain the same or they change.

Louisaz
2008-08-31, 17:59
What is most interesting about this issue is that it seems to be endemic. It occurs with different operating systems, and PCs that run and do not run Firefox [I don't use it].

Most of my un-immunized areas are related to my (current) Windows IE program.

Also, when looking at the history, it appears that it has been ongoing for more than a year.

I'm beginning to suspect that those programmers who are working on this issue are not using Windows IE and, therefore are not encountering the problem.

Louis

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-31, 19:35
Louisaz:

Did you try to undo the immunization and then immunize again? If so what were the results?

Louisaz
2008-08-31, 23:16
Louisaz:

Did you try to undo the immunization and then immunize again? If so what were the results?

When I ran the UNDO immunization and then re-immunized, the protection was COMPLETE! Nothing was left out. That seems to FIX that issue.

[Now, if I can get the updater to connect to the update server...I'll be a happy camper.]

Thanks.

Louis

Zenobia
2008-09-01, 07:36
You might have to configure your firewall to allow the Spybot Updater to connect to the internet.