PDA

View Full Version : Version 1.6.0 not compatible with AVG??

woodybow
2008-08-30, 00:35
Ok, so I did the update yesty to the new version of spybot version 1.6.0 and now the AVG antivirus won't update anymore. We have tried over n over n the new spybot version just won't let AVG do updates yet AVG was updating fine an hour earlier with updates. Anyone know how to fix this??:hair:

drragostea
2008-08-30, 01:09
What is your Operating System?
Have you confirmed that AVG was not updating properly? Was there a error message? What version of AVG are you using?

One thing I can tell you is that Spybot-SD does not hinder or conflict with the working of AVG, less anything.

From your query, you said you upgraded to Spybot-SD 1.6.0 yesterday and AVG was working an hour ago? :snorkle:

woodybow
2008-08-30, 01:13
AVG was working an hour b4 doing the update to vs1.6.0. My system is WindowsXP n the AVG is vs8.0.169...any help is appreciated.

woodybow
2008-08-30, 01:15
The AVG was updating fine an hour b4 doing the spybot update but now for some reason will not connect, which happened on the update scheduled time which was straight after I did the spybot update.

woodybow
2008-08-30, 01:22
Okay I'm gonna go smack my head against the brick wall outside coz after we literally pulled our hair out yesty n this morning....I have just tried AVG update again for the umpteenth time...and it works. I so hate updates!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the help anyway, have a good one, cya. :thud:

drragostea
2008-08-30, 01:24
It could be a possible faulty connection or it was a loaded update server.

Glad to help, even if it was the tiniest bit.

DougCuk
2008-08-30, 02:22
AVG just released a major program update (26MB) and the update servers for the Free version were severely overloaded with all the requests for the files. They are still unreliable and will be for a while yet - until the load dies down. This seems to happen most times a major update occurs - only the paid for version gets access to the high bandwidth update servers.

AVG v8 is more agressive in its Update Failed warnings than the previous version - which just tends to scare the users. I am recommending turning off the Update Manager warnings and relying on the Database out of date warnings which gives you a couple of days grace to allow the auto update to try again. This option is available via Tools->Advanced Settings-> Ignore Faulty Conditions - tick the Update Manager option.