PDA

View Full Version : Spybot no longer able to detect

Stas_1
2008-08-30, 21:31
Hi

I seem to have a virus/spyware on my PC. Nether spybot nor Avast seem to be able to detect it.

It makes the screen “flicker”.

When I use spybot to immunise in the unprotected column it has started to leave Cookies unprotected (in Opera, my mane browser). And Spybot is no longer able to detect anything.

I run windows XP home edition.

Thank you

Zenobia
2008-08-30, 22:09
Could you describe any other malware-type problems you are having,in addition to the screen flickering?

Stas_1
2008-08-30, 23:04
Other than spybot no longer being able to detect anything, is sometimes Online armor will display a message saying that my computer wants to connect to someone else’s.

Oh ye, at one point, when switching on the computer, it would switch on but none of the icons would show up so I couldn’t do or run anything.

Now they will show up providing I start up the computer with the modem switched of and plug it in when everything has loaded up.

Also more recently when I go to shut down it comes up with the menu saying “unable to shut down. If you proceed any unsaved data will be lost”.

Zenobia
2008-08-31, 06:18
This sort of sounds like you have some computer issues,more than spyware.However,some things happening are weird enough that you might want to go get checked out in malware removal.

The procedures are here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Please read and follow them,as they help you to download and post the required hijackthis log.

Malware Removal:
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Once you're all done in malware removal,you can post back here after you're all done if you like,and I can see if I can try to help you with Opera immunization.Your helper will let you know when you're all done in malware removal.Good luck.

Stas_1
2008-09-03, 12:28
Hi, a friend suggested that I set spybot to boot scan, so just wondering how to do this.

Just thought would try an easier option to start with.

Oh ye, one more thing which sometimes happens is when I switch on the computer it will say “Checking system file on D: Fat 32”

md usa spybot fan
2008-09-03, 14:11
Stas_1:

To run Spybot the next time you reboot.
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings > look for "System start" (located half way down the option tree).
Check the option: "Run program once at next system startup".
Reboot the system.

Stas_1
2008-09-03, 20:21
Thanks,

I tried it, but am afraid it didn’t work.
:red:

Stas_1
2008-10-13, 11:47
Hi

Me and peku006 carried out allot of tests, but with no avail.:sad:
There is still something lurking on the system.

But might as well try to immunise Opera as originally pland.

Thanks

Stas_1
2008-10-15, 18:08
Could you please tell me how I would go about immunizing Opera.

Thanks

Zenobia
2008-10-17, 06:21
I did not see a closing speech from the helper in the malware forum,nor is the topic archived.I don't want to interfere if peku006 isn't done.So,could you check with them first?