PDA

View Full Version : :greeting: McAfee AND Sypbot???

oh no
2006-03-30, 04:49
Hello:

My ISP, Comcast, is offering FREE McAfee Virus, Firewall, and Privacy software to customers. However, all other products have to be removed during the install. On the other hand, McAfee says there are no known compatability problems running Spybot after the install!!

Any comments or suggestions about this? Does Spybot agree that there are no issues with McAfee?

Thanks.

tashi
2006-03-30, 05:13
However, all other products have to be removed during the install. On the other hand, McAfee says there are no known compatability problems running Spybot after the install!!

Hello i do not know of any problems having Spybot-S&D installed as well as McAfee. Perhaps Comcast means that Spybot's resident should be disabled whilst installing the new software?

No clue why Comcast would tell you to remove all other products unless they are referring to other anti virus/firewall programs which would be correct as only one AV and one firewall should be resident. :)

oh no
2006-03-30, 05:41
Hi Tashi,

I went back and re-read what McAfee says (not Comcast). The words are disable or uninstall other AV's.

Sure would be great if all of these "anti-this and anti-that" products could be bundled.

Thanks for your input.