PDA

View Full Version : An odd thing ..

WolfShade
2008-08-31, 01:29
Every time I boot my laptop, when I log on the first thing my computer does is open Windows Explorer to the directory where I installed Spybot.

I have looked in the registry and in START > PROGRAMS > STARTUP; nothing.

How do I get it to stop opening Windows Explorer on login? Since it's opening to the directory where I installed Spybot, PLUS it didn't do that until after I installed Spybot, I'm assuming Spybot has something to do with it.

Thanks,

^_^

Zenobia
2008-08-31, 06:26
Is there any chance you renamed the Spybot folder and/or installed it to somewhere other than C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy?

WolfShade
2008-08-31, 22:18
Yes. There is an admin account and a user account. In both cases, upon login the Windows Explorer opens to C:\Program Files\Spybot but the application is installed to C:\Program Files\Spybot S&D. I'm not sure how the first directory got there, as I didn't install it there. But would removing the other directory prevent the Windows Explorer from opening upon login??

Thanks,

^_^

Zenobia
2008-09-01, 06:48
Possibly,or renaming it might.But,you're probably better off uninstalling/reinstalling Spybot.Delete both the Spybot folder and Spybot S&D folder in Program Files if they are still present after uninstalling Spybot.Then,reinstall Spybot once again:
http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html

Please let me know how it goes.