PDA

View Full Version : Error: "Out of memory"

TurboD
2008-09-01, 05:49
Ok so I installed the newest version of Spybot an hour ago and the program itself is working fine - when I perform updates it is working, when i search for problems it is working. Immunization is also working perfectly fine. But at some point I decided to create a Registry back up through the wizard. (Note: the installation of the windows is new, it only found 2 cookies - i am pretty certain i do not have virus or any malicious software that might have trashed my registry since I had KIS 2009 installed before that) When i press the "create registry back up" button, the hard drive starts seeking for a few minutes and than all of a sudden it stops with an "Error: Out of memory" and it never creates any back up of my registry. So i went to the Event Viewer of windows but there is no sign of this error in there. I suspect this is some kind of bug with Spybot since i found another person with the same problem who is running Windows Vista x64. Anyone on 64 bit Vista having this problem ? My windows is Vista Ultimate x64 + SP1 + all the updates to date. I have 2 GB ram and i tried to increase my virtual memory but it comes up the same error. Thanks

TurboD
2008-09-01, 06:23
Im so sorry, where is the EDIT button ? (i know its stupid, but i seriously can't find it)... looks like its timed EDIT button...

Ok I reinstalled the program and now it is working fine. I managed to create my back up with no problems (the actual back up thing is kind of useless since it gets outdated pretty fast and if a restore is necessary, it would be a mess) . I think the problem is related to the Windows Security Service. The first time I installed the program I installed the Windows Security center service but I did not activate it so it might have had some kind of conflict there... It would be nice to look it up. Thanks anyways guys.