PDA

View Full Version : VirusRemoval.vbs error on CCTV security PC

Mitesh007
2008-09-03, 01:09
Ok the problem is as such:

The PC that I am typing off is a security pc which is for our (as in my parents) shop. It is a CCTV PC in short. Point of the matter is I connected it to the net having only recently bought the net due to issues between the top-up machine and the net; all was running fine. I have installed Spybot & Search and Destroy, AVG and Zonealarm, and all have been kept relativley up to date. I had disabled the Teatimer feature of S&S because it was using too much of the systems resources (its a P4 3.0GHZ with only 512MB RAM and a crappy 350W Allied PSU to make things worse). However after this incident I have turned it on just in case.

As I said all was running fine until my little bro came back from india yesterday with his PSP and his sony ericsson phone - both of which use the PRO DUO memory sticks. He has a 512MB and a 2GB one. I first connected the PSP with the 512MB in it to this PC, copy paste'd the old PSP files onto desktop and then wiped all data off that mem stick, then copy pasted his backup of that mem stick which I had made before he left.
I then disconnected the PSP by pushing O on it and removing the 512MB and putting it back into the phone.

I then inserted the 2GB into the PSP and connected to back to the PC.
I copy and pasted the files that I had copy and pasted from the 512MB to the desktop onto the PSP's 2GB mem stick that I had now inserted. Suddenly AVG pops up warning me of a virus. I clicked move to vault.
Then I went to the vault and deleted it - I really have not got a clue how to handle viruses even though I build my own PC's lol... I am a sort of veteran in terms of hardware but software related things just go right past my head lol. Could someone please explain how to properly remove a virus from a PC? As in how to remove it forever including from the infected device if there is one.
The virus as I had though was now deleted and thus the system I believed was clean.
However when I click on the F: drive (which is the PSP as the PC has a 500GB HDD partitioned in 2 - one being the primary partition C: 20GB and the rest for the CCTV software to save its files to) it comes up with this: Windows Script Host - Can not find script file "F:\VirusRemoval.vbs". :fear:
.... that defintley sounds like the virus has imbedded a invisible exe file that executes upon double click - because I can open it if I right click and choose explore. - Why on earth is this? Is my theory correct?

Well after that happened I disconnected the net - however before I done that I made sure that AVG was updated, and then ran a full system scan. I had run scans on the PSP 2GB mem stick 4 times after the virus incident... just in case lol mostly due to the VirusRemoval.vbs error message.

The full system scan brang up no problems as in no viruses.... yet everytime I double click F: it comes up with that error. I am hoping it has not wriggled its way into the registry and other devices, eg the 512MB mem stick and ... as I speak the PSP is still connected to the PC no other USB devices that could get infected (well i doubt a linskys Wireless G-USB adapter could get infected lol - unless it messed with the firmware somehow). The Sony Ericsson was not connected however the 512mb still resides in there. My little brother said in India the 2GB mem stick was put into a digital camera and he had bought the mem stick brand new from a camera shop there- I dont trust anything from there tbh - having been there so many times I have lost count - I know only too well how many devices even mobile phones over there are infected .. I actually rekon about 80% of PC's etc in India are infected XD.

I just reliased I have not run a spyawre scan - I will update S&S then immunize then fulll scan after disconnecting the pc from the net after this post.

Well so thats the problem. I am guessing I should dowload HiJackthis now? :euro:

If there is anything I should do please let me know, such as additional info etc.

Many thanks in advance for the help :bigthumb: