PDA

View Full Version : Programs on black list

Pierewiet
2008-09-03, 23:43
Spybot-SD Resident 153400 programs om black list. 0 known ratings available.
What has happend and what to do about it?

I'm a beginner!

Pierewiet

2008-09-04, 04:56
spybot is up to date, and that you have immunized your system. :) The help file will explain how to do both. :)

Greyfox
2008-09-04, 09:52
Spybot-SD Resident 153400 programs om black list. 0 known ratings available.
What has happend and what to do about it?

I'm a beginner!

Pierewiet

Pierewiet,

If you are using XP, then look in C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes for a file called TTLASSH.sbs. If this is missing then Teatimer will show 0 known ratings available.

If it is missing, the question is why?
A possible answer is that your version of Teatimer is mismatched with your version of Spybot, which will result from you accepting an update of Teatimer within one of the weekly detection updates without having first installed release 1.6.0.30 or 31 that was released some time ago. If your Spybot version is earlier than 1.6.0.30 and your version of teatimer is 1.6.2.21, 22, or 23 you need to update your program.

If this is the case I would seriously recommend undoing the immunising in the current version, unticking both teatimer and the resident SD helper and uninstalling the current version completely, then rebooting before you install the lastest Spybot. In the options offered during the installation, I would recommend NOT getting the updates during the install, and not activating either Teatimer or SD helper until such time as the new program has been installed and the updates then downloaded.

Pierewiet
2008-09-04, 12:06
I have version 1.6.0.25 and update every week.
Undoing the immunising no problem.
How to untick teatimer en resident SD helper. Where can i find/do it?

I cann't find this thread either! Have to search the forum on Pierewiet.

Pierewiet

md usa spybot fan
2008-09-04, 13:17
Pierewiet:

... How to untick teatimer en resident SD helper. Where can i find/do it? ...
The two features can be activated/deactivated by going into Spybot » Mode » Advanced Mode » Tools » Resident. Under the heading "Resident protection status" you will see: Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active.
Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.

Pierewiet
2008-09-04, 17:17
Greyfox and md USA Spybot fan,

Thanks for help. :bigthumb:

Uninstalled Spybot as you both showed me. Installed 1.6.0.30
Now 154947 programs on black list and 283740 known ratings available.

Pierewiet