PDA

View Full Version : HELP! [pop-up] Warning: Potential Spyware Operation/Control Panel MISSING

nukem
2008-09-04, 06:22
Hi. I'm new to this forum and I've been reading a few threads hoping that those can help me fix my problem regarding my computer but since I'm not really sure what to do, i just decided to post a new thread.

I've been getting this Windows antivirus notification that won't stop popping up from my screen and i have this icon on my system tray that can't be removed. This happened after I installed a program from my computer, I tried doing System Restore but it always say Restoration Incomplete, then i thought of just uninstalling the program but I couldn't find Control Panel on Start. I tried typing control.exe and Control Panel on Run but it says This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions......Contact system administrator. Weird thing is, the account that I'm using is the admin, I only have one. Guest account is turned off too.

Anyways, this is what the notification says:

====
Windows antivirus.

Windows has detected spyware infection!

It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you

Click here to protect your computer from spyware!

=====
The thing is, i already have an antispyware installed, I have AVG 8.0 and SUPERAntispyware. I tried running a scan on both programs:

AVG detected these:
Trojan horse SHeur.CEMY
Trojan horse Clicker. PPL
Trojan horse Downloader.Adload.MC
Found registry key with reference to infected file C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\pcpriv.exe

SUPER antispyware:
Worm.Rbot Variant
--- C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOLVS.EXE
--- HKUS\S-1-5-21-839522115-1229272821-682003330-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (Spoolsv - C:\Windows\system32\spoolvs.exe

=====
:oops:
The notification really annoying, and theres another pop-up appears saying: Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files. Run full scan now to prevent any unauthorized access to your files! Click here to download spyware remover...

Please help. I don't know what to do, my computer becomes slower and slower by the minute. It lags too much now. I don't want to reformat the HD again, I just did like a month ago. :sad::sad::sad:

Thanks. I'll be waiting for you guys to respond to this.

Shaba
2008-09-06, 11:43
Hi nukem

Click here (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe) to download HJTInstall.exe
Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.