PDA

View Full Version : My friend has a spamblockerutility problem...please can you help!

elizabeth
2008-09-05, 19:18
My friend had only recently been connected to the internet, and is running AVG free and i also installed spybot S&D for her, but today she had a power cut and when the PC came back on she had been infected by spamblockerutility and also zango. we are running an S&D scan which found the zango, but as because of the viruses her pc won't shut down i'm not sure she will be able to remove them all if they need to restart the pc.

I am worried however as to how to get rid of the spamblockerutility, it has placed toolbars (one of which i removed) i can't remove the other one on her home internet page. It has also placed two icons on her desktop, "Fix PC registry" and "watch TV live" . Because i didn't know what the icons were i suggested that she didn't open or attempt to remove them in case they were part of a virus.

Please can you help us to remove these viruses. I know that i will have to run HyjackThis but as i have forgotten how to do this i would be grateful of this advice also. Thank you.

peku006
2008-09-07, 10:58
Hi elizabeth

Download HJTInstall.exe (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe) to your Desktop.

Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.

Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Thanks peku006

peku006
2008-09-11, 08:19
Hello!

Do you still need help

It has been four days since my last post.

Do you still need help with this?
Do you need more time?
Are you having problems following my instructions?

Note: If after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be CLOSED!

tashi
2008-09-14, 19:01
Previous topic back in 2006: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=31835#post31835