PDA

View Full Version : spybot, ccleaner and opera browser incompability.

blues
2008-09-06, 11:10
i was running ccleaner today and found out that it removed the cookie blocking that spybot placed in opera. first i was running ccleaner and deleted everything it found, then i opened spybot and could see that there was 0 opera cookies unprotected and 0 protected so i thought that ccleaner had damaged spybot since both unprotected and protected were at 0. i opened opera and could see that every cookie that spybot had immunized were gone from the list, but after spybot was opened again after closing opera then the unprotected number was back and i just immunized again.

so what i think is happening is that ccleaner cant see the difference between cookies that are set to block from the spybot immunize in opera and cookies that are in operas temporary files. but this may also be an bug in opera

if it wasnt ccleaner that caused this then i dont know what was happening, but it happened after running ccleaner and deleting what it found. this has probably nothing to do with spybot so this may be a bug in opera that causes everything to be removed when deleting cookies or a bug in ccleaner that causes it to delete the cookie protection in spybot. i also deleted logs from spybot with ccleaner.

so this may be an incompability.

blues
2008-09-06, 21:03
forget it, delete this thread and delete all my other threads.