PDA

View Full Version : Help: problem after logging in; I think it has something to do with Spybot/Teatimer

heyyou
2008-09-07, 08:05
I am using Windows XP on my macbook, and I have a problem I don't quite understand:

Whenever I log into my account, I am unable to click on anything. I could move my mouse around the screen, but still couldn't click on anything. I was stuck. Being unable to click anything, there was absolutely nothing I could do, not even log out.

When this happens, I close my Macbook, it goes into standby, and when I open it again, I return to the log in screen. If I log back into my account, I was still stuck. So I log into another account. Fortunately, I don't get stuck in any other account except my own. Then I use Spybot to search for problems and immnunized them. And when I return to my account, which was still logged in, I was able to click again. Everything was back to normal.

But when I'm done using my computer, I shut it off. And next time when I log back into my account, I get stuck again. So I followed the same steps and used Spybot in another account (I always find problems whenever I use Spybot).

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Here are some observations that I made:

- When I get stuck and click on anything, somehow I'm still able to press the Apple button and open up the Windows START menu, but I still couldn't select anything, not even with the d-pad and enter button.

- Only my account gets stuck. I don't have this problem with the guest account or my brother's account.

- My keyboard settings are kinda messed up, so I couldn't go to the Windows Task Manager by pressing [ctrl+alt+del]

- I go to the the Windows Task Manager a lot when I use my computer. A while ago, I went to the Processes list and I saw that the Teatimer used more than 40,000 K (maybe 50,000 K?) of Mem Usage. But ever since I had this problem, the Teatimer only uses 92 K. Does this mean anything?

- The Teatimer icon doesn't appear in the taskbar at the bottom-right of the screen anymore, but it still appears in the Processes list in the Windows Task Manager. Does this mean anything?

Can somebody please help me?