PDA

View Full Version : AVG Free Application Error

glphelps
2008-09-08, 00:58
The following error message appeared when my AVG Free scanned incoming e-mails: "Exception EOutOfResources in module TeaTimer.exe at 00468FC. Cannot create Shell Notification icon"

What advice can you give re correction?

Greyfox
2008-09-08, 08:56
The following error message appeared when my AVG Free scanned incoming e-mails: "Exception EOutOfResources in module TeaTimer.exe at 00468FC. Cannot create Shell Notification icon"

What advice can you give re correction?

My first advice is to suggest you provide some specific details about your system so that answers are more likely to be useful.

What Operating system are you using?
What service packs are installed?
What version is your AVG antivirus?
What version is your Spybot and what version is your Teatimer?
What browsers do you use?
What type and speed is the CPU in your PC and how much memory does the PC have?

In the meantime as a possible guess - if your Teatimer is later than 1.6.2.20 and you are not running Spybot 1.6.0.30 or 31 then they may be mismatched, and you should try downloading and installing the current Spybot version. If you do this, undo the immunisations in the current version and turn off Teatimer and SD Helper, then uninstall before installing the newer version.

Until you provide more information, and as a work around, disable Teatimer. Start the Spybot program, put it into Advanced mode (click on Mode, click on Advanced, click on Yes), then goto Tools then Resident and remove the tick from the Teatimer box.

ght1
2008-09-08, 18:44
I have no problems with AVG 8.0 Free and Spybot-S&D 1.6 :cowboy: