PDA

View Full Version : I can't install Spybot

qsdfjklm
2008-09-08, 21:05
Hi !

I'm posting there because I have a problem when installing Spybot.

Some time ago (like months or maybe years ago), I could install Spybot without any problem. But now I can't install it anymore. In fact, during the installation, when the update with the servers finishes, I get this message : "Erreur interne (= internal error, in French) : An attempt was made to expand the "group" constant before it was initialized." followed by another message which tells me to fix the error to be able to install Spybot.

I searched on Google, and found a german forum where a member advised to paste a HijackThis log. Could a virus make this ?

I didn't do anything dangerous, I think. I don't download cracks, don't have any P2P software etc. and I can say that I go on safe websites. Since then, I only installed safe programs too.

Thanks !

Best regards.

PS : Sorry for my english

(TL;DR : I have the following message "Internal error : An attempt was made to expand the "group" constant before it was initialized." when installing Spybot and that stops the installing process.)

2008-09-10, 00:24
deleting the installer file and downloading a fresh copy here: http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html

The file that you downloaded could have been downloaded incorrectly.

Also when installing, uncheck download updates immediately, and proceed with installation.