PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S & D freezes

naleta
2005-11-12, 20:39
I have installed all the updates, and it scans my computer. When I click on fix selected problems, it says 'starting to fix problems' and then stops responding.:confused:

I have to use the Task Manager to get out of the program. Meanwhile these bits of adware are still on my machine.

Help!

sikrap
2005-11-12, 20:56
Try downloading Ad-Aware which is almost as good as SpyBot. Another option is to download an AV program called Avast @ www.avast.com This is another freeware program that seems to work well detecting spyware/adware/trojans. I also use Norton AV but that basically ignores spyware and adware. Good Luck!!

naleta
2005-11-12, 21:09
I do have AdAware and ran it first. I just deleted my Quarantine log from today's AA scan and have restarted the Spybot scan. I suspect that it detected the items in AAs quarantine file but of course couldn't remove them from there. I'll find out in a few minutes.

naleta
2005-11-12, 21:53
I do have AdAware and ran it first. I just deleted my Quarantine log from today's AA scan and have restarted the Spybot scan. I suspect that it detected the items in AAs quarantine file but of course couldn't remove them from there. I'll find out in a few minutes.
Well, that wasn't it. I went to TrendMicro and they found 4 tracking cookies, but when I ran S&D again, it still found several items and froze when I clicked on fix.

:mad:

naleta
2005-11-12, 23:59
I uninstalled S&D, cleaned my registry and reinstalled. It still freezes when I click on fix problems. I have attached a screenshot of the entries.

naleta
2005-11-14, 19:20
Today I simply waited while my Task Manager showed SpyBot as Not Responding and my CPU usage at 100 percent. After a couple of minutes, it popped up the message that 19 problems had been fixed. A rescan showed no more tracking cookies.

This is the first time that Spybot has tied up my entire processor and this is a relatively new PC. I just got it in July. 333mhz processor. But as long as SpyBot is still doing its job, I'm ok.

BradleyDalton
2009-03-23, 12:49
HI

In case you are using a dated version of Spybot-S&D, as a first solution, please download the latest version of Spybot - Search & Destroy, which should fix the problem. You will find links to several download locations on our homepage. Do not forget to use the integrated update after installing Spybot-S&D.
http://sentersoftech.com/senter/happy.gif
www.sentersoftech.com