PDA

View Full Version : Windows No Disk Error Message

lgvandiver
2005-11-12, 23:35
When running Spybot S&D 1.4, I keep getting the error message "Windows No Disk" in the error box is the message "There is no disk in the Drive, Please insert a disk into the drive" No drive letter is specified. I've tried putting disks in every drive, & still get the message. I have to hit the "cancel" or "continue" key several hundred times to get the scan to complete. I do not have this problem on my laptop or computers at work. I've even tried uninstalling and re-installing Spybot. Nothing seems to help. How can I fix this problem??

spybotdeeps
2005-11-13, 15:11
I also have a similar problem when scanning :mad:
Please , someone , help with this removal...bcoz it re-appears when u rescan with Spybot.

Buster
2005-11-14, 12:53
Please have a look at this link to get this problem fixed:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330137

spybotdeeps
2005-11-14, 14:55
Thank you for your reply.
Please correct me if I am wrong...but doesn't that article refer to the message obtained when you start your pc.

I am getting the message of " no disk in drive" when I am half way into spybot scan....especially when Spybot programs is running .

I have noticed that the message pops up when the scan is searching for Ist.Bar or something similar.

Please advise. Thank you for your time.

spybotdeeps
2005-11-14, 18:12
An addition to my previous post : the specific name is ISearchTech.ISTBar and the Drive mentioned is "D".

If this info is of any help , please advise.

tashi
2005-11-14, 18:22
Hello.
Do you have Spybot installed in it's default location?

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.

spybotdeeps
2005-11-15, 18:55
Thank you all for taking time to at least reply.

If it is of any help, I have managed to resolve the problem by running Spybot in safe mode and this has somehow fixed the issue at hand.

Hope others can benefit by this info.:)

tashi
2005-11-15, 21:05
Thank you for letting us know. :)

bgelfand
2005-11-16, 04:17
I suspect your problem may be related to some of the recent security fixes for XP rather than Spybot. A friend of mine who runs XP (I have Windows 2000) has the same problem after he logs on, but without running Spybot.

I suggest you leave the message on the screen and start Task Manager. Pick the "APPLICATIONS" tab in task manager. Highlight the "Windows - No Disk" application in the Task Manager. Then RIGHT click on it and select "Go To Process" That will move you to the processes tab and highlight the process issuing the message. On my friend's machine, that is CSRSS.EXE. What is it on your machine? Do NOT try to terminate the process; it is part of the operating system.

I suspect patch KB902400 had something to do with this problem; it was the last patch I installed on his machine before the problem manifest itself. However, I do not think it is the patch by itself. If you have KB902400 on your system, you might try removing it and see if the problem persists. Make sure you reinstall the patch; it is a critical security patch.

nblue_elf
2005-12-24, 06:15
I had the same problem as described here, on startup the computer would display "Windows error no disc", and when i tried running antispyware programs, the same error would appear.
I found the microsoft solution was the begining to the answer (ironically it was really a microsoft patch causing the trouble, not spyware as i had suspected, however the patch for SP2 was very important so was not to be removed)
I had an Iomega Zip drive as C: , which for some reason upset the spyware removal programs (adaware and s&d).
Once i changed the removable drive to another drive letter, the antispyware programs could run and remove the adware.
For those still having troubles, i strongly suggest exploring the posibility that you have a removable media drive as C: . If this is so, follow the instructions on the link given above, and change its drive letter to anything else.

Thanks to the guy that suggested the microsoft site

Good luck to all those who want this problem solved

maddog4033
2006-01-03, 00:00
I received a new computer for Christmas.:p After loading everything I kept receiving an error message when the media player was opened. It was,"There is no disc in the drive. Please insert a disk in the drive." This message was due to the fact that while downloading my McAfee virus scan, it was recommended that I uninstall Norton Internet Security, which was bundled with the computer. This removal caused the error message. When I left the Norton on the computer and disabled the McAfee everything was alright. In a nutshell, deleting the Norton program caused the problem.:D

klborschel
2006-02-28, 18:48
Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\

Change the value of the ErrorMode key to 2.

CSRSS.EXE (Microsoft Client Server Subsystem) may attempt to locate media which simply didn’t exist. The above workaround helped me in this situation.

Hope it helps you.

bitman
2006-02-28, 22:37
Though this will undoubtedly stop the messages, I'm a bit concerned since it's really just supressing the message itself, not finding or solving the real issue, whatever that may be.

The error messages do continue to get logged into the Event Logs, but aren't displayed at all. This is great for an embedded system like the article below mentions, where no one may be around to monitor the screen, if there even is one. However, this also means that other critical messages unrelated to the disk drive problem will be supressed, such as impending hard drive failure for example.

So I wouldn't recommend this method to solve what is generally a system configuration or interaction issue. On rare occassion Spybot itself has caused similar issues when an errant entry for "D:\something..." got into the detections by mistake.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/community/community/tips/xp/popups/default.aspx

How to Get Rid of System and Application Popup Messages
Submitted by: Slobodan Brcin of Belgrade, Serbia, and Montenegro

This article illustrates how the user can suppress system and application error messages from occurring on an embedded system. This is particularly useful when the embedded device is headless and there is no user interface with which to interact to dismiss the error or in cases where the embedded system is meant to be unattended and the system designer does not want users seeing or interacting with such error dialog boxes.

For low-level filtering out visible notification of various errors use registry entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Windows\ErrorMode.

ErrorMode value descriptions:

0 - All messages are visible (default value).
1 - Only system messages are invisible. An example of this type of message is: "Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low."
2 - All messages are invisible. An example of this type of message is: "Unable to Locate Component" shown when application can't load DLL statically linked to it.

KUBLA
2006-03-09, 08:45
thanks to Buster and nblue_elf,

the methods both outlined helped me resolve the problem with my C drive name.

thanks for the help.

bettyday
2006-05-09, 10:36
I had this problem for weeks, done everything suggested. uddenly noticed that one of my card drives had been changed to being called C: ( my normal working drive is I:) so changed C: to R: and bingo, error gone !!!

importdynasty
2006-05-28, 04:57
alright, I understand how to fix the problem. but i still have some dilemas. right now the drives on my computer follow as:

H: Harddrive
A: Floppy
C: Compact Flash Reader
D: SD Card Reader
E: SM Card Reader
F: Memory Stick Reader
G: DVD-RW Drive

The thing is, I don't have a compact flash card anymore to solve the No Disk error. Is there an alternate way to solve the problem?

and two, If I am able to get a CF card some how to change the letter of the drives, will the programs already installed not work properly since it will refer to the H drive instead of the C?

Tom68
2006-09-07, 12:58
This issue occurs when all the following conditions are all true:
• You have a removable drive, such as an Iomega Zip drive, configured as drive letter C.
• You do not have a removable disk in the removable disk drive.
Back to the top Back to the top
RESOLUTION
To resolve the issue, use one of the following methods:
• Insert a removable disk in the removable drive before you start the computer.
• Change the drive letter assignment for the removable drive to a letter other than C.

To change the drive letter assignments in Windows XP, follow these steps:
1. Log on to the computer as Administrator.
2. Insert a disk in the removable drive.
3. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
4. Click Disk Management.
5. Right-click the partition, logical drive, or volume that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
6. Click the removable drive, click it, click Change, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

Dont ya just love me :)

Gabyn
2007-01-02, 02:32
No need to worry about this message...just safely remove your internal or external card reader:bigthumb:

spybotsandra
2007-01-02, 20:51
Hello,

This is a problem which can occur in Windows.
Please have a look at this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;330137

The problem was fixed with the 2006-11-24 updates.
So please download the latest detection update (2006/12/29):
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
This should fix it.
Or choose the direct installation file:
http://www.safer-networking.org/upda...d_includes.exe

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Biggus
2007-06-05, 19:27
I have had this same annoyance for a long time, and it got worse over time. At first it was only 1 error message after booting and logging in, the last time was 12 error messages following up on eachother!
I tried several solutions, including Spybot and Lavasoft AdAware (they both find different entries in your system, so I always use them together).

What (finally) worked for me is deleting dit.exe from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Tip: If you don't want to delete an entry during testing, you can "REM" it out by adding ";" in front of the Value Data making it look like this (without the quotes) => "; Dit.exe"

It appears that this little tool arranges for the fancy icons of your built in multicard reader. It also gives the 'friendly names' to them in Windows Explorer. Furthermore, it does nothing.

I've tested it and it works like a charm! The icons of my memory cards have not disappeared nor did they change back to a normal folder icon. So nothing lost, except for this nuisance!
Hope it helps someone else.

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-05, 20:48
Biggus:

What is/are the drive letter(s) assigned to your card reader?

towner7
2007-06-14, 19:35
When running Spybot:
I get this:
Windows No Disk
Exception Processing Message
c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6b9fc
(with an option to:)
continue cancel retry
this is driving me nuts~:eek::eek:
I have tried to re-install spybot and, even ran
start-run-sfc /scannow
with the orignial windows xp cd
with no luck on this problem
anyone have a better idea??:

Misca
2007-06-25, 19:09
When running Spybot:
I get this: Windows No Disk Exception Processing Message c0000013
Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6b9fc (with an option to continue
cancel retry

I get the same problem as Towner7 with both spybot and adaware. I can't
get into either one. The Windows No Disk Exception, continue-cancel-retry
box comes up immediately and then stalls. I have to go to task manager
to get anything to close. This has to be from a recent windows update
for XP because a month ago everything was ok. I haven't tried
uninstalling and reinstalling either one but I'm guessing I'll run into
the same problem or worse. I'd be happy to reinstall if spybot or
adaware has a fix for this. Anyone have any clues? :sad:

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-25, 19:22
Misca:

Go into "My Computer". What devices are assigned to drives: A:, B: and C:?

Misca
2007-06-26, 02:55
My A drive got damaged and I took it out of commission about a year
ago. Otherwise my computer shows this:
Local Disk: F
Removable Disk: C
DVD Drive: D
CD-RW Drive: E

I hope there's a clue in there.

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-26, 07:23
Drives A:, B: and C: should be either unassigned or assigned as follows:
A: Floppy drive
B: Floppy drive
C: Hard disk drive
You can try putting media in drive C: or better yet reassign the device to another letter.

Misca
2007-06-26, 19:09
My floppy drive was A but that got damaged so I took it out of commission
about a year ago. Who uses those anymore anyway? My hard drive was
C until I had to replace it two years ago and that's when it became F. I
had a flash drive in removable Disk C at first, then removed it, and the
problem was still there. Why would the drive assignments be an issue?
There's no chance it could be something else?

This is driving me bonkers. :banghead:

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-26, 20:32
Misca:

... There's no chance it could be something else? ...
Very possibly, but please at least attempt to see if the following advice resolves your problem:

… try putting media in drive C: or better yet reassign the device to another letter.

Misca
2007-06-27, 03:57
Oops, I just realized my thumb drive is on Drive G. I don't know where
my removable C drive is. I know you wrote instructions for reassigning
letters. Could you post them again keeping in mind that I'm an
illiterate?

Misca
2007-06-27, 04:09
My C Drive looks like a zip drive. I don't have anything I can put in there.
In fact, I've never used it. Do I need to put media in it first before I can
change the letter? :scratch:

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-27, 07:22
Misca:

Follow the instructions here (it should work without the media in the drive):
"There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1" Error Message When You Start Your Computer

Misca
2007-06-28, 04:22
Oh my God!! It WORKED!! It really WORKED!!! You are awesome!
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Woohoo! :yahoo:

You'll have to excuse me, I gotta lotta nasty bots to get rid of......................:spider:..:spider:....:spider:...........:spider:.....................:spider:

Ranger519v
2007-07-08, 23:48
Misca:

Follow the instructions here (it should work without the media in the drive):
"There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1" Error Message When You Start Your Computer

I too am getting "There is no disk in the drive..." However, my primary hard drive is indeed drive c:. Worse, if I hit "continue" the 4 or so times it takes to clear the message, my computer auto-reboots everytime! My home machine is completely useless - any hints as to what to try?

handsewn
2007-09-20, 17:56
I tried everything that was suggested and more and it didn't work then I tried this: I went to Device Manager clicked on my CD Rom drive then clicked update driver. Once I was there I clicked on "install from a list or specific location". I picked the first item on the list and voila- after:spider: a full week of trying to record on a disc I can -with no problems!!!!!:spider:

lebet
2008-07-25, 00:46
begelfand!! This is exactly the process that causes me the exception. "No disk" Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x764392A0 0x00000004 0x764392A0 0x764392A0.

I don't know how did i cause it. I installed in a very little time period: bsplayer, community codec pack, winrar and Daemon Tools (with its SPTD v1.56). What can i do? I am really despertaed... this is a nightmare... i always have to have this error in a corner because i can't stop it :(

I suspect your problem may be related to some of the recent security fixes for XP rather than Spybot. A friend of mine who runs XP (I have Windows 2000) has the same problem after he logs on, but without running Spybot.

I suggest you leave the message on the screen and start Task Manager. Pick the "APPLICATIONS" tab in task manager. Highlight the "Windows - No Disk" application in the Task Manager. Then RIGHT click on it and select "Go To Process" That will move you to the processes tab and highlight the process issuing the message. On my friend's machine, that is CSRSS.EXE. What is it on your machine? Do NOT try to terminate the process; it is part of the operating system.

I suspect patch KB902400 had something to do with this problem; it was the last patch I installed on his machine before the problem manifest itself. However, I do not think it is the patch by itself. If you have KB902400 on your system, you might try removing it and see if the problem persists. Make sure you reinstall the patch; it is a critical security patch.

BNDAZ
2008-07-25, 01:52
When running Spybot:
I get this:
Windows No Disk
Exception Processing Message
c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6b9fc
(with an option to:)
continue cancel retry
this is driving me nuts~:eek::eek:
I have tried to re-install spybot and, even ran
start-run-sfc /scannow
with the orignial windows xp cd
with no luck on this problem
anyone have a better idea??:

I am getting this exact error>
My drive assignments are as follows:

A: Floppy
B: none
C: removable disk
D: removable disk
E: removable disk
F: removable disk
G: DVD Ram drive
H: Local disk
L: Toshiba EXT

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-25, 06:57
BNDAZ:

You can try putting media in drive C: or better yet reassign the device to another letter as follows:

BNDAZ
2008-07-25, 23:46
BNDAZ:

You can try putting media in drive C: or better yet reassign the device to another letter as follows:

Resolved , thank you !

lebet
2008-07-26, 09:52
solved, guys. with a restore point. I think it was community codec pack or bsplayer who ****** vista.

be careful with them.

Sodaman420
2008-12-16, 08:42
Thanks!
Changed my drive letter on a removable media drive, from C to another and it stopped all problems. Thanks very much!

hzhzhz
2009-02-27, 09:27
:bigthumb: thank you, nblue elf

Iyona
2009-02-28, 19:23
:bigthumb: thank you, nblue elf
http://imageshare.info/24213481828.jpg
got my thanks too

rahulakash123
2011-04-17, 14:53
sir i m facing a very bad problem while installing window xp.when i m starting setup in the boot mode then windows files are loaded nextly when it flashes setup is starting windows then it flashes in the bottom side that there is no disk in the drive so plz. Sir help me i m waiting for ur response

jampatty
2011-05-01, 02:52
except my drive c: is not a removable media...it is another harddrive.

Drive A:
Description 3 1/2 Inch Floppy Drive

Drive C:
Description Local Fixed Disk
Compressed No
File System NTFS
Size 149.00 GB (159,989,886,976 bytes)
Free Space 24.22 GB (26,006,687,744 bytes)
Volume Name xp
Volume Serial Number 7E7582F7

Drive D:
Compressed No
File System NTFS
Size 902.21 GB (968,743,346,176 bytes)
Free Space 30.30 GB (32,530,096,128 bytes)
Volume Name Terra Drive
Volume Serial Number 246DDFF1

Drive E:
Compressed No
File System NTFS
Size 1.82 TB (1,999,305,175,040 bytes)
Free Space 32.76 GB (35,177,426,944 bytes)
Volume Name win7
Volume Serial Number AE70BCAF

Drive F:
Compressed No
File System NTFS
Size 465.76 GB (500,105,216,000 bytes)
Free Space 36.45 GB (39,135,318,016 bytes)
Volume Name My Book
Volume Serial Number B00B6DDB

Drive G:
Description Removable Disk

Drive H:

Drive I:

Drive J:

Drive K:
Compressed No
File System NTFS
Size 29.29 GB (31,454,130,176 bytes)
Free Space 7.56 GB (8,115,732,480 bytes)
Volume Name New Volume
Volume Serial Number 5262466A

Drive L:
Description CD-ROM Disc

Drive M:

Drive N:
Description CD-ROM Disc

same error...Windows - No Disk
exception processing message c0000013 parameters 7c7df670 38a07118 7c7df670 7c7df670

any help would be appreciated...installed to k: which is my xp 64 bit boot drive