PDA

View Full Version : Right place to post??

gudda96
2006-04-02, 11:35
have just done a scan and have 2 items I have had before and I am sure its to do with my Windows Security and the fact I dont have Windows firewall switched on, can you advise please.

Also, in the help, when it talks about red or green results, is it referring to the TICK or the TEXT.

md usa spybot fan
2006-04-02, 16:14
These detections are not caused by the fact that you do not have the Windows firewall turned on. They are cause by the fact that you (or something) has turned off the Windows Security Center monitoring of firewall and anti-virus protection.

For these detections:
Windows Security Center.AntiVirusOverride: Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0
Windows Security Center.FirewallOverride: Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallOverride!=dword:0
I suggest that you go into Start > Control Panel > Security Center > look at the right hand side of the window and check the settings under "Firewall" and "Virus Protection" (expanding if necessary). I believe that you have overridden the protections and that you will find a button labeled "Recommendations". If you click on the "Recommendations" button I believe that you will get a window that indicates something like:
I have a firewall that I'll monitor myself.
and
I have an antivirus program that I'll monitor myself.
Note: with these setting Windows won't monitor your firewall and virus protection status and won't send you alerts if they are off or out of date.

Red vs. Green entries – It is the color of the detected item (text) not the check mark (which is always green).

tashi
2006-04-02, 20:40
Other topic here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=3412