PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Adobe web site

Rob500
2008-09-15, 12:21
Hi,

I have been advised to come and ask for assistance here in the thread on Microsoft's support forum at http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/browse_frm/thread/25a7052c7cab2394/67869b1fcd2832ca

In summary, my PC is running normally in most respects but I am unable to reliably get to the www.adobe.com website. Sometimes I can get to the home page but there are some pages on the site that I can never reach! I've tried various experiments but nothing seems to resolve the issue completely. The normal symptom is that Internet Explorer times out on the page. I do not seem to have the same problem with any other website - as far as I can tell.

I have not yet tried running Spybot as instructed in the guidance for this forum as I already use F-Secure and would be grateful for advice on whether that is likely to cause any problems with running Spybot, before I do so? (I have tried raising the problem with F-Secure in case it was a strange firewall issue but they were unable to suggest anything to help.)

I've downloaded Hijackthis and can upload the log but I'm guessing that there are other things I should do first? I don't want to waste anybodys time.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give with this baffling issue.