PDA

View Full Version : I ran my first spybot S+D, now my computer won't startup!

BT5150
2008-09-17, 00:39
I ran spybot, it deleted several entries, for virus heat, spyhunter and one other one I forget. It wanted to run itself again after a reboot, so a rebooted. Now, part of the way through the startup, the computer stops and displays a message that "Windows cannot find 'C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\QHDelTmp'. Make sure that you typed the file name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click search." Below this in the box is an "OK" button, which if I press it, the hourglass appears and it stays that way for good, the only way I can stop it is to cut the power to the computer. Then if I try to restart it, it does the same thing again. I can get into safe mode, but I have no idea what to do in safe mode to fix this. Any help is very much appreciated!

BT5150
2008-09-18, 07:19
Anyone have any ideas, I can get into safe mode, should I just try to restore what spybot did?

BT5150
2008-09-18, 07:55
Now I went into safe mode and restored everything that spybot removed. When I restart the computer, it gets to the same spot as before, but the box I mentioned in my first post doesn't appear. It just gets to the point where the normal background for my desktop appears with no icons and that's it, it just keeps running like it's starting up, but nothing happens, no icons, nothing, it just sits there! Any ideas?