PDA

View Full Version : error message during a 'search and destroy'

spy_botter
2008-09-18, 03:57
hi,

i get the message in the attached several times while trying to run a search and destroy: the annoying thing is, the scan stops until i hit 'ok.' is there a setting or something i can adjust so i don't get any error messages during a scan ?

drragostea
2008-09-18, 04:09
Hello.

What version of Spybot-Search&Destroy are you using (Help>About)?
I'm having trouble seeing your attachment, because the screenshot is so small.

:fear:

Zenobia
2008-09-18, 05:27
I *think* it is the 'There were problems in the include file C:/Program Files/Spybot - Search_Destroy\Includes\Trojans\sbi. see 'include errors log' for details'. error message that people get when using Spybot 1.4 and the new rootkit detections.Is that the error message you're seeing,spy_botter?

drragostea
2008-09-18, 05:34
Zenobia, I'm pretty sure it looks like "Malware.sbi". The Immunize and Update icon are modern. : / But you are right about the 'include errors log' error.

Zenobia
2008-09-18, 05:36
Yes,I see what looks like malware.sbi now,if I squint.

spybotsandra
2008-09-18, 14:57
Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.
Please download our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6. That should fix it.
You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

spy_botter
2008-09-18, 23:47
thanks all, i am using version 1.4 - i will try upgrading and see if the problem recurs.

the attachment was a full-sized screen grab - the forum software seems to have shrunk it when uploading.

drragostea
2008-09-19, 00:12
Upgrading to the latest version should remove the error along with it (Spybot-SD 1.6.0.30).

Just be sure to uninstall Spybot-SD first.