View Full Version : Help asap

DumbAsHell
2008-09-18, 23:14
Current filename:

Database status: Not required - virus, spyware, malware or other resource hog
Value:
Filename: system32.exe

Description
Added by the _AGOBOT-KU_ WORM! Note - has a blank entry under the Startup Item/Name field

Source: Paul Collins Startup list
What should i do Allow the change or Deny it?

drragostea
2008-09-19, 00:18
As a Opinion, the Collin's list is not very reliable because it refers to the process in general.

I need to know what change was it. An removal from the Startup Manager? An addition to the Startup Manager?

Have you chosen Allow or Deny (assuming you did not shut down the PC) during the whole time?

DumbAsHell
2008-09-19, 00:37
I got the error on reboot and it was an addition and i deny it. Pc has been lagging all night and my A/V picked up a hacktool. Is there a program that can scan my pc and make sure its 100% safe from all worms, virus and other unwanted stuff?

drragostea
2008-09-19, 00:56
Good to hear that you're keeping it at bay, because the "system32.exe" process does not (very unlikely) appear in the Startup Manager for no reason.
-
Edit: I'll no longer respond to this thread, because you are/will be assisted in the Malware Removal Forums.

tashi
2008-09-19, 01:08
Hello,

drragostea, DumbAsHell has a topic in the malware forum: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=34060

Unfortunately DumbAsHell you added a post to your topic which removed a zero response, which is why we ask users not to do that in the forum sticky. ;)

As you have posted in the Waiting Room, I will see if one of our helpers can advise.

Sorry for the wait, the forum and volunteers are a bit swamped.

Regards. :)

DumbAsHell
2008-09-19, 01:12
thx guys n girls