PDA

View Full Version : help would be appreciated

one eyed rider
2008-09-22, 18:58
hi guys n girls. i downloaded a web toolbar not realising it was infested with PUPs and approx 20 trojans. didnt realise till i installed spybot. (newer machine) it removed all but 5 PUPs but said i need administrator privelidges to get rid of the others, when i only have 1 user account on this computer. i cant understand why. thanks in advance, karl

one eyed rider
2008-09-22, 19:05
i am using windows vista btw if that changes anything

md usa spybot fan
2008-09-22, 20:34
one eyed rider:

Are you running Spybot with elevated administrative rights that are required by Windows Vista to perform many functions? Although you may be running from a Computer Administrator account, Vista requires that you elevate the administrative rights to run a program with full administrative rights.

There are several ways to do that:
Elevate the administrative rights for a single running:
Instead of double clicking (left clicking) to start Spybot, right-click and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu.
Permanently elevate.
If you are running Spybot from a desktop shortcut for example, right click on the desktop shortcut and select Properties.
Then go into Application Compatibility and select "Run As administrator".

one eyed rider
2008-09-22, 22:33
thanks for your time mate. i will try it and see how it goes

one eyed rider
2008-09-23, 01:39
it constantly asks me to run spybot on restart which i do, then it says the programs are in the computers memory, allow to run on restart. i have tried manually going to the directory and deleting, but i get the message "access is denied"