PDA

View Full Version : Spybot doesn't load in WINDOWS XP under limited account.

sandman512
2008-09-26, 00:09
I have a laptop PC running WINDOWS XP PRO. For some reason, SPYBOT doesn't load under one of the accounts I created, which is a limited account. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

drragostea
2008-09-26, 03:00
Have you attempted to install Spybot under the limited account? What do you mean by Spybot does not "load"?

sandman512
2008-09-26, 05:00
Have you attempted to install Spybot under the limited account? What do you mean by Spybot does not "load"?

It wont let me since it is a limited account. In regards to it does not load, it does appear on the lower right hand tray. Thanks!

drragostea
2008-09-26, 05:26
In regards to it does not load, it does appear on the lower right hand tray. Thanks!

So it does work?
So I'm assuming Spybot was installed?

What you can do is install Spybot under the Administer account, which will also install Spybot on all other accounts too.

sandman512
2008-09-26, 14:11
So it does work?
So I'm assuming Spybot was installed?

What you can do is install Spybot under the Administer account, which will also install Spybot on all other accounts too.

Yes, SPYBOT was installed under the admin. account. When I log off the admin account and go to the limited account, I do not see it RUNNING in the lower right tray. Any advice? THANKS!

md usa spybot fan
2008-09-26, 14:48
sandman512:

The system tray icon is associated with TeaTimer. TeaTimer must me activated for each user individually.

To activate TeaTimer for the limited account, log on to the limited account. Then go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident and check the following:
Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.

sandman512
2008-09-26, 21:49
sandman512:

The system tray icon is associated with TeaTimer. TeaTimer must me activated for each user individually.

To activate TeaTimer for the limited account, log on to the limited account. Then go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident and check the following:
Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.

Thanks! Worked like a charm!