PDA

View Full Version : Immunizations After Netscape Uninstall

Maven
2008-09-27, 21:08
Hello,

Netscape was uninstalled from my system recently. For a while, there was a vacant "Netscape" program folder, but now that has been deleted. When I immunize, Spybot lists Netscape and shows all of the items in the Netscape section as being unprotected. Can this section be removed? I removed the checkmarks in the Netscape section, but the Immunize operation seems to be the same.

I guess this isn't a serious problem, but I'm just curious if I am missing an obvious method to notify Spybot that Netscape is gone from this system. Should I just ignore this issue? TIA for your advice and assistance.

Maven :bow:

XP Pro 2002 SP2 IE 6 Firefox 3.3 Spybot 1.6.0.31

2008-09-28, 03:30
spybot did not "See" that netscape was uninstalled. If you uninstalled it correctly from add/remove programs, it should not be listed, but if you uninstalled it differently, spybot might not have caught on to what happened. A simple way to fix this is to just uninstall and then install the latest version of spybot again. It should correctly identify your browsers then. However, if you don't feel like messing with it, you can just safely ignore it, it doesn't hurt anything. :)