PDA

View Full Version : Keeps running scan at startup....

soberami
2008-09-28, 14:43
Hi. My cumputer keeps running a Spybot Scan at system startup. How can I disable this "automatic" Scan?

md usa spybot fan
2008-09-28, 17:37
soberami:

Go into Spybot » Mode » Advanced mode » Settings » Settings. In the options tree scroll down to the Automation » System start. Click on the "No automation" option (both the "Automatically run program at system startup" and "Run program once at next system startup" should then be unselected).

When you're done it should look like this:

├─ System start
│ ├─ ● No automation
│ ├─ ○ Automatically run program at system startup.
│ ├─ ○ Run program once at next system startup.
If not see this thread:
Automatic Run at system start
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=186595

wizzywick
2008-09-29, 07:25
Hi. My cumputer keeps running a Spybot Scan at system startup. How can I disable this "automatic" Scan?

MD USA describes above how to turn off the automatic scan, but now you'll have to run it manually which takes 1 to 2 hours during work hours. Either way, SpyBot becomes a real challenge. It would be way more convenient if SpyBot could do the 2 hour scans at night, and the rapid manual fixes in daytime. But it doesn't appear possible to do this. As it sits, you can't fix problems from an automated scan. If you want to do manual fixes, you have to put up with the 2 hour manual scan.

The way I deal with it is start a manual scan when I leave the office to go for an appointment, then do the manual fix when I return 2 hours later.