PDA

View Full Version : SchedLgU.Txt and other Usage Tracks

Frankenstien
2008-10-01, 00:48
I've noticed recently that my scheduled SS&D scans have been exiting abnormally based on the entries found in 'SchedLgU.Txt':

"Spybot - Search & Destroy - Scheduled Task.job" (SpybotSD.exe)
Started 30/09/2008 12:00:00 AM
"Spybot - Search & Destroy - Scheduled Task.job" (SpybotSD.exe)
Finished 30/09/2008 2:43:33 AM
Result: The task completed with an exit code of (c0000005).

'SchedLgU.Txt' itself seems to have been moved to SS&D Backups and started afresh in C:\WINDOWS three times in the last week.

I'm a little foggy on the last time I remember seeing a SS&D Settings category called Usage Tracks - didn't there used to be such a thing and it typically wasn't enabled by default?

Now, it seems SS&D Settings no longer includes such a category and is routinely finding a variety of things which could generally be called 'usage tracks'.

I don't know when identifying usage tracks became no longer optional in SS&D, but I, for one, don't care for the change, nor all the manual work that seems to flow from it.

I've done a little searching here (on the term 'SchedLgU.Txt') and read through some relevant threads going back to May '08 ... seems there's much more going on here than initially meets the eye.

Is there a way (other than the [seemingly problematic] exclusion of single detections from the manual scan Results window method) to stop (scheduled) SS&D scans from identifying so-called usage tracks? FFF

Frankenstien
2008-10-01, 02:42
Never mind all ... I found Usage Tracks options under Settings > File Sets, and, under the File Sets button in the scan Results window.

I recently enabled beta updates and it seems there is now a beta Usage Tracks option ('Beta.uti') that has auto-installed enabled by default ... that seems to be the source of most of the new things I am seeing.

FFF