PDA

View Full Version : Spybot v1.6.0 no longer detects Firefox's cookies?

antdude
2008-10-01, 10:07
Is it me or is Spybot v1.6.0 no longer checking Firefox v2's cookies? I have seen this in Windows XP Pro. SP3 and 2000 SP4 so far. It used to in the past. Did Spybot drop this?

Thank you in advance. :)

antdude
2008-10-08, 20:58
No one knows or seen this? :(

md usa spybot fan
2008-10-08, 23:00
antdude:

Please explain.

Specifically what "Firefox v2's cookies" are you referring to? Were they "tracking cookies" detected during scans in the past that are no longer being detected now?

If they were "tracking cookies" could the fact the Spybot version 1.5 and above immunizes against the storing of the same "tracking cookies" that it detects explain why you are questioning if Spybot even checks Firefox cookies.

antdude
2008-10-08, 23:07
antdude:

Please explain.

Specifically what "Firefox v2's cookies" are you referring to? Were they "tracking cookies" detected during scans in the past that are no longer being detected now?

If they were "tracking cookies" could the fact the Spybot version 1.5 and above immunizes against the storing of the same "tracking cookies" that it detects explain why you are questioning if Spybot even checks Firefox cookies.Yes, tracking cookies. Wow, Spybot blocks ALL tracking cookies even weird sites? I thought it only did the common and popular ones.

lllbob
2008-10-09, 02:42
Is it me or is Spybot v1.6.0 no longer checking Firefox v2's cookies? I have seen this in Windows XP Pro. SP3 and 2000 SP4 so far. It used to in the past. Did Spybot drop this?

humm.. must be an x p problem. Did it do that before sp3?

On vista home premium 32bit, spybot 1.6.0. build 30.
Finds cookies for both firefox 2 and firefox 3.
yes, I have two firefoxes installed with seperate profiles...lol
cause I use FF2 which has the better address bar.

antdude
2008-10-09, 02:45
humm.. must be an x p problem. Did it do that before sp3?

On vista home premium 32bit, spybot 1.6.0. build 30.
Finds cookies for both firefox 2 and firefox 3.
yes, I have two firefoxes installed with seperate profiles...lol
cause I use FF2 which has the better address bar.

XP problem? How so? I also mentioned W2K SP4.

Greyfox
2008-10-09, 05:57
antdude,

Have you perchance set Firefox to delete/clean out all its cookies and temporary files on close of the Browser?

antdude
2008-10-09, 06:25
antdude,

Have you perchance set Firefox to delete/clean out all its cookies and temporary files on close of the Browser?Hmm, good question. I will get back to you on that.

antdude
2008-10-10, 21:58
antdude,

Have you perchance set Firefox to delete/clean out all its cookies and temporary files on close of the Browser?I confirm that they do not get cleared but immunization is used weekly to update.