PDA

View Full Version : Problem with immunization results

sparkyo
2008-10-03, 00:59
Hi Folks,
After running immunization in Spybot, the immunization screen (see screen shot attachment below) tells me I still have 55790 unprotected elements. Under the Firefox profile listed below (same screen) there are three entries each listed for the categories Cookies, Images, Installations and Popups. For each category listed all elements in two of the three entries are listed as unprotected while the remaining entry is listed as saying all its elements are protected.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what this issue is about? I have uninstalled both Firefox and Spybot numerous times and deleted all files in the C:/Program Files folder for each program, but still I get the same issue upon reloading Spybot, regardless of whether Firefox is currently installed or not. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

drragostea
2008-10-03, 01:11
Have you attempted to disable the immunization and redo it again?

Or...

Go the Immunization tab and press the Immunize button two times (green cross).

sparkyo
2008-10-09, 00:16
Yes, I've hit the immunization button several times to no avail. I have not attempted to disable the immunization and redo it as I don't know how to do that.

I have a feeling this is related to my multiple user accounts in Windows as I was increasing the number of accounts and changing the admin privileges on those accounts just before this issue came up.

Thanks,

Jeff

Greyfox
2008-10-09, 05:43
sparkyo,

What version of Firefox are you using and what operating system do you have?

drragostea
2008-10-09, 05:51
Yes, I was about to add that I was betting that there were multiple user accounts. Can you Undo the Immunization and Redo it in a Administer Account? To do this, Click the button in the Immunize Screen called "Redo" and click on "Immunize" (green cross;not tab but the button).

Greyfox, the member is using a Windows XP Operating System. You can already tell from the loading bar and scroll bar.

saturday
2008-10-09, 21:12
Hi, I'm also having a similar problem:
Everything is immunized except for:
-(firefox) default(Images) - 1
-(firefox) default(Installations) - 1
-(firefox) default(Popups) - 1

I have tried to immunize it many times, and the "undo and re-immunize" thing.

I KNOW I'm on the administrative account, and there's only one account.

I'm using WinXP, btw.

help? Thanks

sparkyo
2008-10-10, 09:33
I solved the problem by deleting my other non-administrator accounts, then undo/redoing immunization (thanks Drragoestea!) I then replaced the other user accounts and all seems good. Thanks to everyone who lent a hand!

Jeff