PDA

View Full Version : Right Media

browntodda
2008-10-03, 18:14
I get "Right Media" identified as a problem every time I run S&D. It appears to "fix" OK, but then it's right back the next time I run S&D. Clicking the info bar gives me "no information is available," and it is identified as a browser entry type. I apologize if this is in another thread, but I didn't notice it.

Big Bob
2008-10-04, 04:59
I have the same problem with Right Media being identified as a threat but it's always back again after the next scan. Immunizing doesn't help and since no info is displayed, I guess we're sort of stuck with this problem until someone at Safe Computing sees this thread or notices the problem in some other way.

md usa spybot fan
2008-10-04, 15:03
browntodda:
Big Bob:

If Spybot is having a problem deleting the Right Media tracking cookie, delete the following cookie(s) via your browser:
username@ad.yieldmanager
Then immunize or block third party cookies in your browser (see note #1) and the cookie should not return.

Note #1: To block third party cookies see the following article:
Why do other anti-spyware applications detect so many more tracking cookies?
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=faq&detail=37

Big Bob
2008-10-05, 03:27
Thanks MD for your response.

But, I stumbled on another to way to resolve this issue yesterday. If you are running Internet Explorer, Open IE Properties and go to the Privacy Tab. Click the Sites button and enter rightmedia.com and then click on the Block button.

Since doing this, Right Media no longer shows up after a SpyBot scan and therefore I guess IE has blocked it.

Bob