PDA

View Full Version : Spybot needs PAUSE Button

drdancm
2008-10-03, 21:28
Spybot is very CPU intensive and once you start a scan, it is hard to to anything else even on a pretty fast machine.

A PAUSE button would really be useful so that if you must stop, you do not have to start form scratch again.

Thanks,

Dan

PepiMK
2008-10-03, 21:57
It has one :)

Switch to advanced mode, find the Settings page, and at the very bottom you'll find an option to show more options on the results page ;)

drdancm
2008-12-13, 19:41
It took me quite awhile to find it even with your explicit directions. If people don't know about it, and it's an item that's hard to come across by chance, even not easy to find if you know it exists -it needs to be part of the default interface. It's almost as important for it to show up as the STOP button.

I urge you to make it part of the default installation. There are compelling reasons to do so, and I certainly cannot think of any reason why it should not be part of the default.

Thanks,

Dan

dageeza2009
2009-08-14, 18:50
One of the reasons I have just joinde was to ask for this very same thisng. I have SpyBOT set to scan at scheduled time, but if I don't want it to scan cos I am still working, only option currently is terminate process in task manager as once it initiates scan, stopping it takes eons.

Another useful option would be to "pause scanning for" then offer say 15 minutes, after that it will auto resume.

Thanks for top product !!!

criochan
2009-08-16, 14:18
I'm using version 1.6.2.46.

Maybe I'm missing something but PepiMK's instructions don't point ME to a Pause button - so where is it ?

drragostea
2009-08-17, 06:49
criochan:
Spybot>Advanced Mode>Settings>Settings>Expert Settings>Show Expert Settings in the Results List.

dageeza2009
2009-08-26, 19:38
Is this not at cross-purposes ? What we are asking for is something which is increasingly common on Antivirus suites, anti-spyware apps etc - that when the application fires up to do a scan (usually this will be a scheduled scan by nature), that there is an option to PAUSE the scanning, or even, to pause scanning for <user input number of minutes>.
The answer being provided for this seems to point to something in the results list - i.e AFTER the scan is completed.
Please can the developers re read this and see if what I am saying is making sense.

Thanks

dageeza2009
2009-08-28, 01:45
OK answering my own post (bad form I know), I have found the pause button, you need to open the program, the pause button is NOT on the live scanning window. I think what the request is to have the pause button moved to that window as this is the windows displayed when scan is in progress. Hope this clarifies.

Judah
2010-04-01, 04:32
I have not, and would never have found that pause setting as given by drragostea above. I have looked through all the settings and never saw a clue to this. Thank you for that instruction. Happy camper now. :)

My request for a PAUSE button is mainly in the interface of a scheduled scan. If I'm in the middle of doing something it almost seems to hang what I'm doing. All there is is the Stop Scan button and that takes forever and ever for it to stop. And sometimes it causes it to stop responding. Then even the Task Manager doesn't even end it.
A PAUSE button here would be extremely useful.

drragostea
2010-04-04, 04:44
Hello happy camper : ].

I do not see what is the problem here.
By the way, the request feature is up to PepiMK to decide. I'm sure he has that mind.

See the attached screenshots.

Judah
2010-04-04, 18:11
Hello happy camper : ].

I do not see what is the problem here.
By the way, the request feature is up to PepiMK to decide. I'm sure he has that mind.

See the attached screenshots.

Excuse me? There is no need for your rudeness.

There is no problem. I was not inferring there was one. I don't know how you figure that. I was thanking you for those instructions to make the pause button visible as I was unaware there even was one. I am sorry that you misread my post. So I will thank you again.:thanks:

Oh, and by the way, I am well aware that PepiMK considers requests. Afterall, it is his program. If you will note, I have been a member longer than you so you don't need to inform me of the obvious.

And let me explain why I accidently posted in this thread. I searched for "pause" and this thread was one of the results. I opened it to read it and did not realize it was not under the appropriate "Requests" section until after I posted. So.

Apology accepted.:thanks:

Have a nice day.:D:

drragostea
2010-04-04, 18:42
You may have been here longer but that has no relevance to the subject. You see, I cannot assume or take for granted that everyone on the forum knows where everything is located. Thus, I mentioned what I mentioned. On the other hand, I do not understand why you would interpret my post as being "rude". I had no intentions on being what you said, nor will I ever in the forum. So I apologize if you took it the wrong way. In this forum, it is not about who has the most posts or who types more. I do not follow by those guidelines, rather contributing to thread.

I skimmed through the posts because they were very old, but I did read your the newer posts. Apparently, from what I read was that you, Judas, could not find the pause button. That is why I attached the screenshots.

Edit: I re-read my old post. If you think I was mocking you or making fun of you by saying "happy camper", then I apologize if you took it the wrong way. I will not do that again in the future.

Judah
2010-04-04, 20:28
[FONT="Tahoma"]
I skimmed through the posts because they were very old, but I did read your the newer posts. Apparently, from what I read was that you, Judas, could not find the pause button. That is why I attached the screenshots.

Thank you for that instruction. Does that sound like I can't find it. How can you possibly provide help if you "skim" posts. No wonder you didn't understand my post.

And my name is Judah not Judas. You didn't read that correctly either.

Edit: I re-read my old post. If you think I was mocking you or making fun of you by saying "happy camper", then I apologize if you took it the wrong way. I will not do that again in the future.

Happy Camper means Happy as in joyful, glad.....you know, happy. Why would that be offensive.

And I don't need anyone apologizing for me for something they think I did or didn't do. I can apologize myself for myself if need be. I didn't do anything to apologize for and I didn't read anything the wrong way, and I'm not apologizing.

The End of this nonsense. :rolleyes: I have better things to do.

Have a Great Day:D:
Good Bye.