PDA

View Full Version : Team Spybot

catalina
2008-10-04, 09:48
Can anyone advise how to get Team Spybot to act on this big problem.

I registered and paid 49.96 USD for a download of SpyBot 2008 but was unable to access the links provided and have not had any response to several reply e-mails or through their online support.

It's a bit rough having paid for software and being unable to use it.

Help would be appreciated

chewdz
2008-10-04, 10:17
If i'm not wrong, it's a fake. Spybot is a free program for personal usage and payment is only required if you wish to donate. Which website did you downloaded it from?

P/S: Pls correct me if i said the wrong facts. Thx. :santa:

md usa spybot fan
2008-10-04, 14:31
catalina:

Spybot is free for personal use and can be downloaded from any of the sites listed here:
Mirror selection - The home of Spybot-S&D!
http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html

Terminator
2008-10-04, 15:49
I'm afraid you've been conned my friend:sad:. As md usa spybot fan says, Spybot is free for personnal use and there is a paid for version avaliable for business use. My advise is to uninstall this fake version and run a complete system scan with your Anti-virus and Anti-Spyware programs to make sure this Fake hasn't installed anything untoward on your system, then run CCleaner to clear up any remnants and finally install Spybot 1.6 from the link md usa spybot fan posted and download all the updates and activate the Tea-Timer and Bad Downloads Blocker.

drragostea
2008-10-05, 04:16
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=31105
-
Should clear a little doubts with the information from SpybotSandra and DougCuk.

catalina
2008-10-09, 11:15
Many thanks to all for your responses, although the substance of them was not what I wanted to hear.

Yes, I have been conned and I'm trying to recover the payment through the credit provider. If unsuccessful, I'll have to wear the cost and put it down to experience.

There are two concerns arising from this situation

1. why did the fraudulent offer arrive right after SpyBot e-mailed a reply to the update downloading issue I had raised? Are these operators able to read SpyBot mails?

2. Why has there not been a warning on this practise posted on the forum?

Apparently Team Spybot members are aware of these scams and have placed the matter into legal hands. I'll send what information I have to assist in catching these rotten sods.