PDA

View Full Version : Opera immunisation missing

Azrael.srl
2008-10-04, 15:58
Since i started running Firefox Portable (put on a flash stick) for my girlfriend, my Opera browser isn't recognized anymore - in Immunize window it's totally missing - and i don't know it it's just missing from the window or it's totally ignoring it's existance. Any ideas?

Azrael.srl
2008-10-06, 09:07
I have removed Firefox and replaced it later with Opera@usb . Nothing has changed, both of my Opera are still not recognized.
XP SP3 with Opera 9.60beta (10447) and Opera@usb 9.52 .

Greyfox
2008-10-06, 15:16
Azrael.srl,

Your post is perhaps a bit ambiguous.
If your Firefox and your opera are operating from a USB flash drive, then Spybot will NOT recognise them.

If not:-
What version of Spybot are you using - if it is not 1.6.0.30 then I suggest you update it to the current version.

Azrael.srl
2008-10-06, 19:49
1 - Firefox portable, which has been running on a flash stick before i transfer it on a partition, has been recognized and immunized from the get go; from the same moment my Opera 9.60beta (installed as default browser) has dissapeared.
2 - i completely removed Firefox ;result in Immunize - it has dissapeared (which is normal) but Opera is still absent (which isn't).
I always use the last one - now 1.6.0.30 with the last update 1.10.2008. Actually i already tried to fix this by reinstalling Spybot with the latest version from the site twice in 2 different partitions with no effect - Opera is not recognized as installed and in use.

Greyfox
2008-10-07, 00:23
1 - Firefox portable, which has been running on a flash stick before i transfer it on a partition, has been recognized and immunized from the get go

I can only repeat what I said before, Firefox (both v2 and v3) installed as a PortableApps program on a USB flash drive, and run from the USB flash drive as was intended is not recognised by Spybot. I use it this way every day of the week, however I don't quite understand what you mean by "before I transfer it on a partition". It looks like you may be transferring it onto the PC proper, and in which case depending on where you are putting it, there might be some interaction with Opera. As I don't use Opera myself I can't help you there, except to maybe suggest you try reinstalling Opera.

Sorry I can't offer a solution.

Azrael.srl
2008-10-07, 09:41
transfer it on a partition = i just cut/pasted the files from the stick to my D partition. It was recognized and immunized in both locations.
I already reinstalled Opera, with no effect.

Azrael.srl
2008-10-07, 17:45
I just found the reason for my problems: since i use a single Opera profile and i always installed it with the Classic installer, all my Opera files are located on the D partition, including the user profile and Spybot 1.6.0.30 doesn't have the capacity to find the files there by itself. I have used this setup very well for the last 2 years and , since the problem has appered only after i upgraded Spybot, this is clearly a bug, in this build only.
How i discovered that: when i updated Opera today to the latest build i forgot to use the single profile option so a Opera profile was created at C/Docs and Set/user/App Data/ which was detected and immunised. After reinstalling the way i wanted (single profile in D) Opera has dissapeared again. This also explains why Firefox was immunised: even if it was placed on a stick, by running it it has created a clone user profile in C/Docs and Set/user/App Data/ (actually this is the reason i've abandoned it, a lot of wasted space and constant backing up of the profile from the hd to the stick).
So the correct form for my question is:
Is there a way to point Spybot to the correct location of the user profile files?