PDA

View Full Version : Immunize Will Not Immunize Properly

ProgrammerGuy
2008-10-04, 19:07
I did a complete uninstall of Spybot S&D and reinstalled version 1.6.0.30...

After installing I downloaded and installed all available updates...

I attempted to immunize but half of the things won't immunize... I suspect these are the one related to Firefox... I'm using FF 2.0.0.17 on Windows Me...

I've never had this problem before...

I've read in previous threads where I should delete 'permissions.sqlite' since this is a FF 3 file and can cause problems but everytime I launch Spybot two of these files are created...

I also read where the file 'hostperm.1' should be created as a zero byte file... I've created them but maybe not in the proper location. I've located it in "c:\windows\application data\mozilla\firefox"... I've also created on in "c:\windows\application data\mozilla\firefox\mozilla firefox"...

Should 'hostperm.1' be located in the same place that Spybot insists on putting 'permission.sqlite' which are: "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\y0vszbue.slt\permissions.sqlite" and "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\v5nh5czr.default\permissions.sqlite"?

I'm open to other suggestions short of changing operating systems and browsers...

I could uninstall Spybot and reinstall it but I don't cherish the idea of having to spend another hour downloading all the updates...

I've also taken a screen shot of the Spybot Immunize screen and could upload it if you think it would help...

ProgrammerGuy
2008-10-04, 19:35
For grins and giggles I located 'hostperm.1 to the same directories that Spybot had insisted on creating the 'permissions.sqlite' files and then deleted the latter files... :eek:

I restarted Spybot and did an Immunize... Initially it came up with the following: Unprotected: 55790, Protected: 47521, Total: 103311...

I did Immunize again and there are NO unprotecteds listed...

Seems that relocating the 'hostperm.1' files did the trick... :)

Now I once again have a 'warm, fuzzy' feeling about Spybot... :)