PDA

View Full Version : spybot and other questions

pringle.chip
2008-10-06, 00:33
I have a really odd question. My computer is acting really weird. I got a few viruses and things, ran avg on it...downloaded spybot to check for spyware and other things...even though the internet connection is on, and working, I can't update avg or anything else for that matter, nor can I successfully install spybot since it has to connect to the net to do it...has anyone had any problems with this? Any help would be much appreciated!!

tashi
2008-10-06, 00:42
Hello,

even though the internet connection is on, and working,!

I can't update avg or anything else for that matter, nor can I successfully install spybot since it has to connect to the net to do it...

Do you have an internet connection or....

:)

pringle.chip
2008-10-06, 00:46
yes...I have an active internet connection

tashi
2008-10-06, 00:48
,nor can I successfully install spybot since it has to connect to the net to do it...

yes...I have an active internet connection

Could you explain further please. :)

pringle.chip
2008-10-06, 00:54
my computer picked up several trojan horses, torrent, internet speed monitor..and others. I have been able to successfully stop most of viruses...but I am still having a problem with the internet... i can go most places, but most links will just take me to seperate popups, so my internet IS working. However...I cannot update anything on the computer including AVG. I also tried to download SPYBOT, but it gets to the last screen for installation and it completely stops because it has to get an internet connection. Again I say my internet is on and working, but it seems as though something has hijacked it...I can get to google...yahoo...but if I search something and I get a link..clicking on it will take me to something really odd and very peculiar....what can I do

tashi
2008-10-06, 00:57
Hi there,

Please follow the procedure in this link: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where a helper will advise you as soon as available.

Cheers.