PDA

View Full Version : Kaspersky Vs Spybot

satyachong
2008-10-08, 12:12
I am using KIS 7.0.1.325 with SpyBot

During KIS 7 installation it prompted me to remove Spybot so I removed it, and installed Spybot again by disabling KIS7 and run Spybot from time to time. There were incidents earlier where Spybot detects malwares in the presence of KIS 7.

This time my system was overun by malwareS and KIS7 was just idle and watching doing nothing. It detected a trojan but was not able disinfect it or delete it. KIS 7 got corrupted.The windows time was gone and shows "virus alert". KIS7 was helpless.

SPYBOT on the rescue: After the infection I open and ran Spybot, It started detecting a lot of malwares which include SMITFRAUD, Virtumonde, EzCyberSearch and NNC.MGRS. It detects and removed some and later on it also gets corrupted. I regreted I havnt set it to run at start up.

Later on the system stood up after running combofix.

My question is why kaspersky is considering Spybot untrustworthy and insist on uninstalling it. I find it quite useful and innocent, does its job of detection and removal religiously and never points its finger to other softwares.

I want to thank the team of the Safernetwork for the wonderful software and their generosity of this software.

I am attaching the log file of spybot if it could of any help to you. I am also attaching the log file of combofix and avz_sysinfo of kaspersky for your review.

My Spybot is not opening now. Please help on reinstalling it again.

tashi
2008-10-08, 16:34
Hello satyachong, :)

I moved your topic to the malware forum which is where non-Spybot logs are analysed.

Please read see: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic providing the HJT log and a link to this thread, which I will then close as helpers look for threads without a response.

Best regards.