PDA

View Full Version : Virtumonde, Windows Security?

randell2468
2008-10-09, 03:03
Greetings.

This week, I have encountered the nasty malware Virtumonde, and I need help fixing it. I am using another computer right now as the one that is infected cannot access the internet. I've been running SpyBot by transferring the install file from this computer to the infected one using a SD card. SpyBot also found the Microsoft Security malware that turns my computer's automatic updates to off. I also noticed that my computer automatically resets whenever shutting down. I think it's because of a fatal error. Is this also the cause of the malware? Please help me. Thanks in advanced

katana
2008-10-10, 00:13
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
1. If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
3. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those three things, everything should go smoothly :D

Please Note, your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use.
Be assured, any links I give are safe
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downoad the following tool and transfer it to the infected machine

Download and Run ComboFix (by sUBs)
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

Bleeping Computer ComboFix Tutorial (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix)

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix on your own.
This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.
ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper