PDA

View Full Version : teatimer shutdown issue

denodedude
2008-10-09, 11:30
Hi, when I shut my puter down Teatimer wont close. I get the end program now screen. Any suggestions?

spybotsandra
2008-10-09, 11:58
Hello,

Please download the new TeaTimer version 1.6.2 through the integrated updater in Spybot.
You can also download it manually. It is available here (http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/beta/teatimer162.exe).

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

oysteranni
2008-10-20, 13:28
Hello,

Please download the new TeaTimer version 1.6.2 through the integrated updater in Spybot.
You can also download it manually. It is available here (http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/beta/teatimer162.exe).

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot
Hello Sandra,
I have the same problem. I can't see where to download it in Spybot and the manual link doesn't seem to work.:sad:

spybotsandra
2008-10-20, 13:37
Hello,

Please search for updates with Spybot and download all available ones

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

oysteranni
2008-10-20, 13:40
Tried that and there are no newer updates available..

spybotsandra
2008-10-20, 14:11
Hello,

Which Spybot version do you run?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DJBee
2008-10-20, 23:55
I'll chime in on this one too. I've got similar stuff happening (TeaTimer giving me memory error messages when I try to shutdown or restart my computer) and I'm running an updated version of Spybot on a fresh install of XP SP3 (also updated via WindowsUpdate).

I've searched for updates via the built-in tool and it says "no new updates available". When I click on "about" I get:
Version 1.6.0.30
System settings protector 1.6.3.25

I've tried searching the forum and checked the sticky's and didn't see anything that fit my problem ('course, I may have missed it). Any ideas on how to fix this?

It doesn't seem to affect the performance of TeaTimer (I've gotten dialogue boxes when settings are changed and it seems to work fine), haven't tried a full system scan yet (although the individual file scans from the context menu in Windows Explorer works fine), but it is kind of annoying to have to click a bunch of times just to get Windows to shut down.

Thanks in advance.

oysteranni
2008-10-21, 07:10
Hello,

Which Spybot version do you run?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Hi Sandra,
I'm running 1.5.2.20
Thankful for your help!

spybotsandra
2008-10-21, 11:47
Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.
Please download our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6. That should fix it.
You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.6.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DJBee
2008-10-22, 23:24
SpybotSandra, as far as I can tell I AM running the current version of Spybot. I've checked for updates using the built-in updater and I only just installed the program (after downloading the current 1.6 installer from your website) in the last week or two. Here are my specs for both Spybot and my PC, if you need any other info let me know and I'll post it.

Spybot (from clicking on "About"):
Version 1.6.0.30
System settings protector 1.6.3.25

Windows XP Pro (SP3)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (Dual Core @ 3GHz)
2GB RAM (Dual Channel)

It didn't give me any grief when I shut down last night so it seems to be an intermittent problem (hopefully it won't make it too hard to figure out).

Thanks (in advance) for the help!

P.S. Is there a way to edit posts? I looked around and found that I was allowed to edit but the button seems to be missing (or I'm just blind and missed it). Thanks.

EDIT: nevermind, just found the info in one of the sticky posts (15min time limit)

ander
2008-10-28, 09:18
Yes, I'm having the same problem.

I've just reinstalled XP (SP2) and Spybot 1.6.0.30 (with Tea Timer 1.6.3.25). Tea Timer "hangs" when I try to exit XP. I must click a button to end it manually.

xylem
2008-10-28, 20:39
I'd like to chime in here, too; perhaps I have a related problem: I don't get a Teatimer msg, but I cannot shut down my computer without clicking the "turn off" button twice. After clicking it once the comp just hangs, although the HDD LED continues to flicker endlessly. On the second click it turns off.

This began happening after upgrading to v 16030.

If I click the "exit Spybot-S&D Resident" button in the Notification bar before shutting down the comp shuts down normally.

Asus P5WD2 Premium, Intel Pentium 4 HT 650MHz, 4G DDR2, WinXP SP3, AVG, Zonealarm.

Thanks,

-xylem

xylem
2008-10-29, 04:01
Please disregard my previous post. After cleaning the registry and re-installing the problem has been resolved. Thanks.

ander
2008-11-06, 08:56
Yes, mine too. Thanks for the awesome software.