PDA

View Full Version : Teatimer window keeps popping up when Deny change selected

LHWYO
2008-10-11, 23:59
I'm running Spybot- Search & Destroy 1.6.0.30 with the Latest detection update of 10/8/2008. The "System settings protector" is version 1.6.3.25.

On 10/9/08, I thought all I did was close an IE window ("x out") when all of the sudden about 60 IE browswer windows opened and I found that my Norton 360 Virus protector saying that the firewall was turned off, my Auto-Protect was turned off and my Email Scanning was turned off. (I KNOW that I didn't turn them off myself!) Furthermore, I couldn't turn them back on! If I ran a virus scan, it would freeze up on me.

I downloaded Spybot and ran it; it didn't find anything. I got the latest updates for Windows Defender and it didn't find anyting. I finally did a system restore from 10/1/08. At last, I could turn on the Firewall, Auto-Protect and other options in Norton 360. I ran another full virus scan using Norton 360 and it "found and repaired one risk" continued scanning for awhile, and then it froze again. I restarted the full scan and finally got it to complete, showing no viruses.

I just got a pop-up from Spybot saying, "Category: System Startup global entry, Change: Value deleted, Entry: CCUTRAYICON. Old data: FactoryMode." I clicked Deny change, but the window just keeps popping up...over and over each time I click Deny change.

Any ideas out there?

Thank you.