PDA

View Full Version : .sys and other files/folders in c:\ ??

972seller
2008-10-13, 05:37
Im pretty sure spybot did this but i dont know why.. Ive used spybot to remove a small trojan before and it didnt leave any traces behind.. this time i think it left the .sys and other folders that used to not be there.. it could have been the trojans that got loaded off someones ipod that might have cause this but i doubt it because ive scanned my pc with spybot with those files there and nothing comes up and all my program files are legit.. anyways is there a way to move these files or remove them?

http://i33.tinypic.com/1zlyxrr.jpg

972seller
2008-10-13, 05:55
also it was the Brontok A trojan, it left a folder named from its original folder name in .exe that was like 43kb in size in size.. for example a My Music .exe folder in My Music folder.. doesnt matter cause i manually deleted them atfer i removed the trojan,,, thankfully it only did it to the folders in my documents and nothing else

edit:

all the files say: created on 11/25/07, when i first formatted pc

the NTDETECT.COM and ntldr say created on 8/7/2004 and 8/3/2004 which is not correct, but im 100% sure the other files/folders are correctly dated i just dont know how they ended up there

972seller
2008-10-13, 06:13
grr sorry edit time runs out.. can i try to do a system restore even though the virus is removed.. will it come back?

Greyfox
2008-10-13, 06:15
The files and folder you have circled are right where they ought to be, in the root directory of c:

What has changed is that the function "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" is no longer hiding them as it would have done by default. Click on Tools->Folder Options->View, then scroll down until you find the above setting and retick it.